cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Delete a private message on the recipient end. (Sent in error)

Comben
Level 6: Acolyte
  • 428 Posts
  • 8 Topics
  • 1 Solutions

I was wondering if there is a way to retrieve a sent private message or even delete it from the recipients side. It was sent in error and I'd like to recall/ delete it if possible.

I notice there is a delete button on the PM thread, but I have a feeling that button will delete the entire private message chain on the senders side only. (Not for the recipient)

Any help would be appreciated. Cheers.

"I have no special talent. I am only passionately curious"
Albert Einstein
Message 1 of 7
6 REPLIES 6

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 149132 Posts
  • 641 Topics
  • 28467 Solutions

@Comben 

Only the recipient can delete their messages.

I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.
Please select the post that helped you best and mark as the solution. This helps other members in resolving their issues faster. Thank you.
Message 2 of 7

Comben
  • 428 Posts
  • 8 Topics
  • 1 Solutions

While I understand I can't control all the recipients messages, I do think I should have some power to recall or delete messages that I wrote and then sent in error. (Seems an odd system to not allow me to control what I sent, at least for a limited time after!) 😪

Example: I am writing my name and mobile number to claim a community reward but I accidentally send it to you... Surely there is some sort of data breach there if I can't recall it?!

Albert Einstein
Message 3 of 7

MI5
  • 149132 Posts
  • 641 Topics
  • 28467 Solutions

@Comben 

It's not a data breach as you sent the data. It was not stolen by me by any illegal activity.

As for your right to recall any messages you send. This will need to be taken up our admin team as they liaise with Khoros over the forum functionality. However, we have been waiting for certain things to be changed for over 2 years or more now already, so don't hold your breath.

I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.
Please select the post that helped you best and mark as the solution. This helps other members in resolving their issues faster. Thank you.
Message 4 of 7

Comben
  • 428 Posts
  • 8 Topics
  • 1 Solutions

😅Hahaha, thanks MI5.

It's a shame but I appreciate the replies and guess that person will forever have my details. 🙄

Albert Einstein
Message 5 of 7

MI5
  • 149132 Posts
  • 641 Topics
  • 28467 Solutions

You could just message them and ask them to delete it @Comben 

I doubt anyone here will get up to no good with your details anyway wink

Message 6 of 7

Comben
  • 428 Posts
  • 8 Topics
  • 1 Solutions

You are right, so it's not worth the hassle of asking them to delete it.

I'm just surprised I can't delete the message after sending. (Like Whatsapp, Facebook, MS Teams etc, even email lets you recall) Cheers for info though.

Albert Einstein
Message 7 of 7