Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Defaulted bill on legacy system and unable to pay

James769
Level 1: Joiner
  • 3 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Hi I am looking for some advice. I applied for a mortgage and this was rejected due to an outstanding bill I have with O2 from 2019 that I was unaware of. I have no record of o2 contacting me to inform me of this £45 debt. I contacted O2 to pay this and was told that it is on the legacy system which they cannot access until August. Therefore whilst we are willing to pay this debt to increase our chances of sorting our mortgage, but are being met with the answer that we can't due to their system outage which has no fallback solution. I struggle to accept the fact that there is no way to manually access this and was advised to email creditfilereferrals@telefonica.com and amendmentteam@o2.com 

I have not heard back from either, and am about to miss out on a house due to the situation. It seems no-one has any answers on their phone lines and we are being passed from department to department.

I would be grateful for any advice on how to fix this or any way to speed up a solution.

@MI5 @Dave-O2 

Message 1 of 6
5 REPLIES 5

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 149608 Posts
  • 641 Topics
  • 28517 Solutions

@James769 

This isn't what you want to hear, but O2 will not remove a default that was correctly applied.

In addition, the debt is no longer with O2 and will have been passed to a debt collection agency, usually a company called Moorcroft.

I'd advise you to seek professional legal advice from a lawyer.

I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.
Please select the post that helped you best and mark as the solution. This helps other members in resolving their issues faster. Thank you.
Message 2 of 6

James769
  • 3 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Thank you for your response. It was passed to moorcroft and then back to O2. We are happy to pay the bill regardless of whether or not it was correctly applied however are being told we can't until they can access their legacy system. We realise that this will remain on the credit report, but if it is paid it will no longer show as an unpaid bill which is what lenders want to see

Message 3 of 6

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 149608 Posts
  • 641 Topics
  • 28517 Solutions

@James769 

All we can do is suggest you can get in touch with Payment Management team on 0800 902 0217

Payment Management opening hours:

Monday to Friday – 8am to 8pm

Saturday – 8am to 6pm

Sunday – 9am to 6pm

I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.
Please select the post that helped you best and mark as the solution. This helps other members in resolving their issues faster. Thank you.
Message 4 of 6

Andys2
  • 1 Posts
  • 0 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Hi did you manage to sort this I am in the same position as you. Nobody can sort this and they just pass you all over the place through different departments. My default is also from 2019 and nobody can find my details on their system it’s pathetic. 

Message 5 of 6

Enlli
Level 67: Unsung hero
  • 7983 Posts
  • 56 Topics
  • 1653 Solutions

@Andys2 You need to tag @James769 as they may not be aroubd

This is not O2 and we are all customers here similar to yourself and cannot answer account type queries.
Message 6 of 6