Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Data Allowance disappeared overnight

bullfrog
Level 1: Joiner
  • 8 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 1 Solutions

Yesterday I had 14.6 GB remaining on my Data allowance and 7 days remaining until my new bill. I updated the O2 App last night and today when I opened the App, I am shown as having no Data available. The website also shows the same information. 

Has anyone else lost their Data overnight?

Message 1 of 17
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

bullfrog
  • 8 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 1 Solutions

It appears to have all been resolved.

My Data allowance has reappeared and shows 14.66GB

Thanks people

View solution in original post

Message 12 of 17
16 REPLIES 16

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 143403 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27489 Solutions

@bullfrog all the data used during the day is updated around midnight each day, so it's possible that you used the data during the previous day rather than it disappearing overnight.

I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 2 of 17

bullfrog
  • 8 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 1 Solutions

Thanks for your reply. I did not use any Data yesterday. I was at home all day and used my home Wifi. My phone is switched off every night.

My monthly average Data usage is only 769.7 MB and I pay for a monthly allowance of 15GB

I tried phoning support but they are not open until 0800. I will try later.

Thanks again

Message 3 of 17

Cleoriff
Level 94: Supreme
  • 122357 Posts
  • 824 Topics
  • 7457 Solutions

@bullfrog

Let us know what CS say please. I would be very interested to hear their response..:smileywink:

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 4 of 17

Anonymous
Not applicable
Have you tried logging in & out, deleting & reinstalling the app. Could just be a glitch. Has happened to me before
Message 5 of 17

Tesco_Ninja
  • 10 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions
Yes I'm having exactly the same issue on all three of my devices I have with O2. It's certainly not just you
Message 6 of 17

bullfrog
  • 8 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 1 Solutions

I have spoken with O2 twice this morning and they now agree that there is a problem at their end.

They have advised me to check again later when hopefully they will have resolved the issue.

Message 7 of 17

Tesco_Ninja
  • 10 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions
Oh ok. Well thank you for your reply. But yeah it certainly not just you. I guess we will just have to check again later
Message 8 of 17

gmarkj
Level 66: Unequalled
  • 11995 Posts
  • 94 Topics
  • 1120 Solutions

Have you checked what your phone says or if you have an app what that says?
Some devices do drop off WiFi if the signal is unstable/drops out or the data signal is considered to be "better"...

edited to add: and that ^^^ is what happens if you open a thread and wander off before replying!

glad to hear you have had some luck with customer services.

Please note, this is not customer services and we cannot access your account. Do not publish personal details (email, phone number, bank account).

Link to our guide on how to contact them can be found here

Message 9 of 17

bullfrog
  • 8 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 1 Solutions

I have checked using the My O2 App and also checked using the O2 website and logged in there.

The result is the same. 

When I click on the Data Tab in "My Device" the website now displays "Sorry, please try again later" and "This information is not available at the moment. Please try again later."

Message 10 of 17