Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Changing email

TWhits
Level 1: Joiner
  • 2 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Hope someone can help.  My wife and I set up our two o2 mobile accounts but, for some reason we didn't understand, they initially had to be linked to two separate email addresses and then they were merged as a separate action.  So now we can see both accounts from the one My02 login - great! 

Recently, wanted to change our email address and all seemed well except my wife's notifications of her monthly bill still goes to her old email address.  We have searched the account and can only find the joint email address and no sign of her old personal one.  Can someone please take pity on us and give us a clue as to how we can find and change her email address to our joint one.

We felt it not vital enough to try calling o2 in these troubled times as they will have higher priorities to deal with.

Thanks.

Message 1 of 3
2 REPLIES 2

Cleoriff
Level 94: Supreme
  • 126370 Posts
  • 832 Topics
  • 7558 Solutions

Hi @TWhits 

You need to call O2 and ask them to reset your account.

Numerous numbers to call in this guide

Guide: Coronavirus Community Help and Support 

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 2 of 3

TWhits
  • 2 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

I was trying to avoid adding to the burden of the O2 call centre during this pandemic and assumed it should be a straightforward change for me to make, probaby using the MyO2 facility.  This is why I eventually gave up struggling and wasting hours trying to make the change myself and asked the community.

As you suggested, I have just called their call centre and, unsurprisingly, the automated message tells me to get off the line unless it is a vital call and lists examples - which don't include mine.

I never did understand why the two telephones had to be set up separately in the first place.  Oh hum, why is it that companies that provide technology seem unable to use technology in a way that makes life easier?

Message 3 of 3