Did you mean: 

Change Device name in My O2?

Shadowbolt
Level 1: Joiner
  • 9 Posts
  • 3 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Hi there,

I was wondering if it's possible to change my device's name in My O2. Right now it's just my phone number. I seem to recall there being an option to have a custom name for it years ago, but it's disappeared.

Currently using a BlackBerry Bold 9780.

Just a person trying to get through life without having issues with their phone. This, obviously, won't happen.
Message 1 of 9
8 REPLIES 8

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 143403 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27489 Solutions

@Shadowbolt 

You need to go to your MyO2 online, not the app, and tap the pencil symbol next to your number. You can edit it to anything you want. 

I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 2 of 9

Shadowbolt
Level 1: Joiner
  • 9 Posts
  • 3 Topics
  • 0 Solutions
Not there, I’m afraid.

Just a person trying to get through life without having issues with their phone. This, obviously, won't happen.
Message 3 of 9

Cleoriff
  • 122353 Posts
  • 824 Topics
  • 7457 Solutions

Have you tried via the online method? It's there on my PC. If you can't do it yourself, you will have to contact customer services @Shadowbolt 

Guide: How to find help & contact O2 

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 4 of 9

Shadowbolt
  • 9 Posts
  • 3 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Welp, for me, it isn't there. Will contact CS. In any case, I thought I might as well show the pictures of my O2 - phone numbers censored.

Screenshot 20**Personal info** at 9.13.01 am.png

Screenshot 20**Personal info** at 9.15.03 am.png

Message 5 of 9

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 143403 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27489 Solutions
Possibly not an option for PAYG accounts then but it most certainly is for monthly contracts.
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 6 of 9

Martin-O2
  • 8165 Posts
  • 772 Topics
  • 94 Solutions

Hey @Shadowbolt did you speak to customer services about this one and if so what was the result? 

COVID-19 support - Help and support from O2 during the lockdown
Access for You: Registration - Find out how to register for our Access for You service.
Just joined the community or thinking of registering? Check out this handy starter guide!
Have a query about your account? login to My O2 for help

If you'd like to take part, why not register? slight_smile
signature

Message 7 of 9

Shadowbolt
  • 9 Posts
  • 3 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Hi @Martin-O2 - I haven't, as I haven't had the time. Will do eventually though!

Message 8 of 9

Martin-O2
  • 8165 Posts
  • 772 Topics
  • 94 Solutions

No worries @Shadowbolt! Please let us know how you get on. slight_smile

COVID-19 support - Help and support from O2 during the lockdown
Access for You: Registration - Find out how to register for our Access for You service.
Just joined the community or thinking of registering? Check out this handy starter guide!
Have a query about your account? login to My O2 for help

If you'd like to take part, why not register? slight_smile
signature

Message 9 of 9