cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

02 app

Anonymous
Not applicable
I am also having this problem. Online chat with customer services for over an hour and they couldn't help. Twitter team also no help.

I believe the issue occurs when you have more than 1 phone number linked to your account. I have an old number still showing up on my account and until they remove it, (which they say they cant) I don't believe the issue will be fixed. I've just about had enough of 02.ive been with them since they took over genie mobile and they have slowly got worse. I am going to try EE.
Message 1 of 12
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi @Anonymous ,

these issues will have no connection with the my O2 app. You can check your area with the links provided to see if there's any network problems . If there isnt then you should ring cs 202 and they will test the sim and phone.If there's no issue with them they will reported to be investigate.

To save you some trouble on the phone, if you have another mobile,try your sim in it to see if the same happens, or you can try another sim in your phone.

Hope this helps

View solution in original post

Message 11 of 12
11 REPLIES 11

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 144189 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27632 Solutions
Not sure what your problem is but I have 4 numbers on my account and it works fine......?
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 2 of 12

Anonymous
Not applicable
I also have 3 mobile numbers associated with no current issues.

They should be able to remove unwanted numbers if requested.
Message 3 of 12

MI5
  • 144189 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27632 Solutions
Just a tip if you do move to EE. You will be able to set up your EE account OK on line but as soon as you transfer your number across it will fail to recognise you as a customer. So I suggest you don't do it until you have ported your number across fully.
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Message 4 of 12

Anonymous
Not applicable
Try speaking to o2 Customer Services in the morning ->

Link http://www.o2.co.uk/contactus and not online Live Chat
Message 5 of 12

MI5
  • 144189 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27632 Solutions
Was it CS or livechat that said they couldn't remove the old number?
If it's a dead account it usually shows as "disconnected" and is listed separately from the live accounts....

Currently using:
Message 6 of 12

Anonymous
Not applicable
Today I logged into http://www.o2.co.uk/myo2

Under O2 Products and Services this is an option to 'Remove this Device'

This removed my unused numbers from my O2 app.

I'm on Payg if this makes any difference.
Message 7 of 12

Anonymous
Not applicable

hi @Anonymous ,

like it has been mentioned there is an option to unlink the accounts on my O2, on view my other accounts. But if you dont mind me asking what problems are you having besides this?

Message 8 of 12

Anonymous
Not applicable
Signal at home is poor, phone calls are often dropped part way through or keep breaking up. Even though the coverage checker says I live in a area with strong indoor and outdoor signal. Also I don't seem to be able to connect to the Internet a lot of the time I'm out and about, my friends on EE always seem to have a better signal than me when we are out, plus they have 4g where I live which 02 don't have here yet.
Message 9 of 12

Anonymous
Not applicable
What does your Input your Full Post Code here to check your local Masts -> http://status.o2.co.uk {If a mast shows an issue a customer can now ask Customer Services to keep them updated on its Status via Text or eMail} say ?

If it shows as good then download the MYNETWORK APP to report the masts. Get anyone else on O2 in your area to do the same to lend weight to your issues.

Also as a process of elimination can you try your Sim Card in another phone to rule out either the Sim Card or Phone which may be at fault.

If on contract you can use the O2 Tugo app which works off wifi.

Ref calls you could turn off 3G if your phone allows it in the settings in order to maybe stabilise calls.
Message 10 of 12