cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Why can't I send a free text message via O2 website??

Anonymous
Not applicable
I want to send a free text message via the O2 website, but it keeps coming up as page not displayed. I have tried to stop all my popup blockers and security settings from stopping it.
My friend also gets page not displayed but gets the option to continue anyway which I do not.
I would rather not turn off my virus scanner, I feel that O2 should be able to work despite the virus scanner.
Anyone else managed to solve this problem?
Help!
Message 1 of 6
5 REPLIES 5

Anonymous
Not applicable
There's a few of us who are having this problem. There are at least 2 previous forum threads discussing this, so there must be something wrong there. Would you please report this to O2 Customer Services, and mention these forums and that you're not the only one with the problem.

In a nutshell, the free text webpage seems to be sending the browser in an endless redirect loop, which is causing it to 'crash' and not show the page.

This happens with Internet Explorer, Firefox, Chrome and Safari in both my home and workplace. I assume it's happening with all your browsers too?
Message 2 of 6

Anonymous
Not applicable
I am getting the same problem, i have tried ie chrome and firefox.
Message 3 of 6

adamtemp64
Level 66: Unequalled
  • 16454 Posts
  • 312 Topics
  • 1316 Solutions
no problem here in ie8
iPhone 11 Pro 256gb on unlimited data
iPad Pro 12.9” 2020 256gb refresh o2 family discount
Apple Watch series 4
My first mobile was in 1995 a CM-R111 from sony on Cellnet.
Wincanton South Somerset (Full 4g 3G 2g indoor coverage) Remember we are all customers here not customer services

Message 4 of 6

Anonymous
Not applicable
well won't work in ie 7, not keen to go ie 8 as some sites don't work on it
Message 5 of 6

Anonymous
Not applicable
tried ie8 and safari and both work for me
Message 6 of 6