Did you mean: 

Ripoff

DO
Level 1: Joiner
  • 2 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Hi

Had to say what a ripoff O2 is. I bought an unlocked phone still I have to unlock it to O2. Ripoff! When are these people gonna play fair. When are they gonna stop extorting money out of people like this. My phone was sold to me to work on any network and yet my the SIM from O2 na work. Just drive me loopy. Not happy with the whole set up off the networks. They need to work as one rather than induipendantly it only calls for madness.

Message 1 of 15
14 REPLIES 14

Anonymous
Not applicable

@DO All O2 phones come unlocked now. Maybe you need to try a different sim in the phone or go back to where you purchased the phone From 

Message 2 of 15

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 143426 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27490 Solutions

Hi @DO 

All O2 phones are sold unlocked to all networks, but even if not, your O2 sim would still work.

It seems like you have a sim problem so please call customer services http://www.o2.co.uk/contactus or pop into your local store to get it checked.

If you can give us more detail of your purchase we may be able to advise on the issue?

I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 3 of 15

DO
Level 1: Joiner
  • 2 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

I BOUGHT MY PHONE A WHILE BACK. MY SON SAYS THERE IS NOTHING WRONG WITH THE SIM. I AIN'T BUYING A NEW PHONE.  SO I AIN'T GETTING NO SERVICE. 

Message 4 of 15

MI5
  • 143426 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27490 Solutions
Well there is clearly something wrong with either the phone or sim, so get your local store to check it out. The phone may still be under warranty so faults would be covered and fixed for free.
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Message 5 of 15

Anonymous
Not applicable

If the phone is currently working otherwise then I’m inclined to believe either it’s a faulty sim

Message 6 of 15

Bambino
Level 84: Resplendent
  • 22942 Posts
  • 1022 Topics
  • 3662 Solutions

@DO Who did you buy the phone from?

I DO NOT WORK FOR O2

Funniest-Thread-2
Message 7 of 15

MI5
  • 143426 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27490 Solutions
It's also possible that it's not unlocked and actually locked to another network, which would need that network to unlock it to work on O2.

Currently using:
Message 8 of 15

Anonymous
Not applicable

@MI5 wrote:
It's also possible that it's not unlocked and actually locked to another network, which would need that network to unlock it to work on O2.

That was the initial thought I had. Be interesting to see this play out

Message 9 of 15

MI5
  • 143426 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27490 Solutions

@Anonymous wrote:

@MI5 wrote:

That was the initial thought I had. Be interesting to see this play out

Indeed, the implication was that it came from O2, although that isn't all that clear.

You'd also expect that a complaint on an O2 forum would support that too, but maybe not wink

Currently using:
Message 10 of 15