cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

O2 moderators: Why are you censoring my posts?

Anonymous
Not applicable
I've had the same post "bumped off" this forum on two occasions in the last 24 hours.

What bothers me is that there is no reason given for deleting my post. I've checked the rules and I can't see why it is in breech of the terms of the site. Moderators: can you let me know what you didn't like about it?

It would appear to me this is not a forum for open debate, it's a commercial tool in which criticism of O2 is censored.

Both greenblink and epicurus had also contributed to the original thread so I would be interested if you guys, as experienced users of this forum, have noticed censorship like this when O2 are criticised?
Message 1 of 15
14 REPLIES 14

Anonymous
Not applicable
Unfortunately no restriction was put in place when I told them he had moved:

Timescale:

1. The O2 customer moved from this address is 2000.

2. I began notifying O2 (returning bills, calling customer services) in 2001.

3. I continued calling/emailing/writing/posting for the next 7 years!

4. O2 did nothing until a payment default on the account earlier this year.

Now there is (apparently) a restriction on the account but now there is also a threat of a debt collection agency coming round to my house and also a threat of a bad credit rating at this address.

I think that's very poor customer records management: A few months of not being able to keep track of an active customer is fair enough, but nearly eight years???
Message 11 of 15

Anonymous
Not applicable
It's easy to say but not easy to do, but try not to worry about your credit rating. The law changed a while back so addresses aren't blacklisted, it's done on the individual. So as long as you never had a joint account or some official financial tie to someone it doesn't matter if the address is the same.
Message 12 of 15

Anonymous
Not applicable
Unfortunately no restriction was put in place when I told them he had moved:
Timescale:
1. The O2 customer moved from this address is 2000.
2. I began notifying O2 (returning bills, calling customer services) in 2001.
3. I continued calling/emailing/writing/posting for the next 7 years!
4. O2 did nothing until a payment default on the account earlier this year.
Now there is (apparently) a restriction on the account but now there is also a threat of a debt collection agency coming round to my house and also a threat of a bad credit rating at this address.
I think that's very poor customer records management: A few months of not being able to keep track of an active customer is fair enough, but nearly eight years???

I can sypathaise with you on this one as the same has happened to me except with orange.

I had a letter come to my address but a unknown name and I returned the letter to sender marked "addressee unkown at this address", a few weeks later i had another letter from the debt managment company, this time i opened it discovered it was orange, rang them up (customer services) and explained the situation and was advisd to contact the debt collectors direct and explain the situation. I did and the debt collection people blocked any further mail to my address. So if you havnt done so already get in touch with the debt collection agency and let them know, they should stop the mail and it wont affect your credit rating.

Hope that helps,

Pete
Message 13 of 15

Anonymous
Not applicable
Thanks for the advice and reassurance about potential credit rating problems slight_smile

In the meantime the post keeps coming from 02 for their customer who moved away eight years ago! :mansurprised: :mansurprised: :mansurprised:
Message 14 of 15

Anonymous
Not applicable
A letter was delivered today from "Moorcroft Debt Recovery Limited" demanding payment. That's a letter addressed to the 02 customer that moved from this address 8 years ago!!!

What a bunch of clowns 02 are: Despite me telling them by email, letter and phone that their customer moved eight years ago, and despite the various conversations and written responses I have had from 02 staff acknowledging this information, they have now sent in a third party debt recovery agency to the address where this guy was last seen in 2000.
Message 15 of 15