cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Kitsound Boom Evolution not recieved

Anonymous
Not applicable
Anyone else had a free kitsound boom evolution not received yet? I ordered my phone middle of December and yet middle of January not recieved it yet, I know it's a free gift but as part or a deal on purchase I expect to recieve it at the same sort or time not been told it won't be in till middle of February. Not happy I'm sure o2 won't be so keen on waiting for there payments until the middle of February bloody ridiculous if you can't honour a deal/offer don't sell it im sure this must fall into sale of goods act 1970
Message 1 of 67
66 REPLIES 66

Anonymous
Not applicable
I've just told her to look at local stores to see if they got some. And also I had to read out the t&c out to her. She also said the capsules they sent was a goodwill gesture
Message 31 of 67

Anonymous
Not applicable
she said I should get it in 5 to 10 working days. Let's see ay!
Message 32 of 67

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 144873 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27775 Solutions
Fingers crossed wink
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 33 of 67

jonsie
  • 93253 Posts
  • 609 Topics
  • 6984 Solutions

Anonymous
Not applicable
Still nothing. Looks like I'm going to be on the phone again today
Message 35 of 67

Anonymous
Not applicable

Sorry to say but you'll not get one. I never did either. I got a credit for £99 on my airtime bill instead after hours of being mis advised, called a liar and awful customer service.
Here is a copy of my final response after emailing a very long complaint.

My assessment of your complaint

Thank you for letting us know you’ve had a problem with your account and for giving us a chance to help. To do this I have considered your complaint and all of the issues involved.

Having done so, I believe that your complaint should be partially upheld. I will now explain my reasons why.

My understanding of your complaint

You purchased the Sony Xperia Z3 online. With the order, we advertised a free Kitsound Boom Speaker as a promotional offer which is worth £199.99. However, you never received the speaker so contacted our Customer Service team to discuss this.

We initially advised that this had been delivered but, upon investigating this further, we found that the speaker had been returned to sender due to a complication with the courier, UK mail. As the offer had then expired, we were unable to send out another speaker and offered you £34 as an apology. You’re unhappy to accept this resolution and feel the level of Customer Service you’ve received is less than satisfactory.

My investigation

From the notes on your account. I can see that you’ve received conflicting information from our Customer Service agents, please accept my apologies for the confusion this has caused. The Kitsound Speaker was sent as an additional package on the same date as the phone. You didn’t need to claim this via a leaflet as some agents have advised.

This second parcel became delayed at the UK Mail depot and so wasn’t delivered as hoped. So, this was returned to sender. However, we’ve been unable to recover this from UK Mail and seems to have been lost during transit.

Due to the promotion ending, we no longer have stock of the Kitsound Boom speaker to send you out. As stated in the Terms and Conditions these are subject to availability.

Our Terms and Conditions also state, that we offer no cash alternative and our decision is final. We may offer a cash alternative in unforeseen circumstances. However, this is something we reserve the right to offer, not something we are obligated to give.

I appreciate you’ve made a number of calls to us to resolve this issues, I’m sorry for any inconvenience this has caused, I understand your time is important.

My actions

Considering the level of Customer Service you’ve received, I’ve made the decision to partially uphold your complaint.

Although I won’t be able to justify a credit of £199.99 onto your account, I’ve applied a credit of £99.99 as a way to say sorry. This I see as a reasonable outcome to the complaint given the unsatisfactory service you’ve received.

Thank you for the time you’ve taken to raise your concerns and I’ll ensure feedback is raised with the Managers of the agents you spoke with. This may be a training issue we need to address and will help us better the service we provide. At O2 we take customer service very seriously and always look for ways we can enhance our customer experience.

Next steps

This Email explains our final position on this matter. Should you be unhappy with this, you may wish to contact the Ombudsman.

The Financial Ombudsman Service and the Communication Ombudsman are independent arbitration services that exists to help settle individual disputes between consumers and financial or communication firms. The Ombudsman can consider complaints about a wide range of matters and their service is free to consumers. They will mediate between the two parties to come to an agreement. Their decision is binding on O2 but not on you. You can ask the Ombudsman for assistance in a complaint if the complaint remains unresolved to your satisfaction after 8 weeks has elapsed or if a final position has been given. You must contact them within 6 months of a final position being given.

The details for contacting the Communication Ombudsman are as below:

Ombudsman Service The Brew House Widerspool Park Greenall’s Avenue Warrington

WA4 6HL
Telephone number
0330 440 1614

Message 36 of 67

jonsie
  • 93253 Posts
  • 609 Topics
  • 6984 Solutions

Partially upheld? Well it's something I suppose, they have met you halfway. Probably not the outcome you were looking for but at least it's something. Have you settled for that or are you taking it further?

Message 37 of 67

Anonymous
Not applicable

I settled for that. That was fine for me. Would of preferred the speaker but that will do as it gives me a break from paying phone bills. 

Message 38 of 67

jonsie
  • 93253 Posts
  • 609 Topics
  • 6984 Solutions
Message 39 of 67

Cleoriff
  • 123300 Posts
  • 826 Topics
  • 7473 Solutions

@jonsie wrote:

Fair enough, that would have been my option to be honest.

What annoys me intensely is the lengths @Anonymous  had to go to in order to get that £99!

As he said... only after being ill advised and called a liar...and after numerous complaints. It does show that persistence does pay off....but why we need to 'fight to the death' to get any sort of recompense beggars belief..

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 40 of 67