Is the gunna be a fix for the oreo update slight_smile
Message 1 of 15
14 REPLIES 14

Glory1
Level 43: Bright Spark
  • 10294 Posts
  • 85 Topics
  • 123 Solutions
Well I had the Oreo update to my S8+ yesterday and everything seemed fine until I tried to open my mobile bank app early this morning. I just couldn't open it as it kept saying it couldn't connect and I should check my data connection. The connection was fine as I could get into every other app but my bank. I also had a problem with logging into digital banking.

Finally got it all sorted after downloading and uninstalling the mobile banking app several times. What a palaver.

So far that's the only problem I've had and I hope that's it!
Lover of all things Samsung. Currently using Samsung Galaxy S10 Plus 128gb

Message 11 of 15

Cleoriff
Level 94: Supreme
  • 123212 Posts
  • 826 Topics
  • 7473 Solutions

Pleased its working anyway @Glory1. I have no such worries with my Note 4...Smiley Very Happy

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 12 of 15

jonsie
  • 93253 Posts
  • 609 Topics
  • 6984 Solutions

After a major update, if there are problems, we always recommend backing up and doing a factory reset to remove any conflicting files. But if the banking app was your only problem it sounds as if it will be ok without.

Good luck and I hope you enjoy Oreo 😀

Message 13 of 15

Glory1
Level 43: Bright Spark
  • 10294 Posts
  • 85 Topics
  • 123 Solutions
Well @jonsie I was holding off on a factory reset as a final option if all else failed. However, I'm only finding the odd problem all of which seem to be working themselves out as Oreo 'beds' in. For example, I suddenly found I couldn't use the forum smileys yesterday. Then suddenly today I clicked on the smiley button and hey presto it worked. Same with the mobile banking app, I couldn't log in and I couldn't log in and ...... and then I could.

I've not had problems with previous updates just this one. And as it IS major I think it just needs time. Apart from the two 'minor' hiccups it works great. Certainly much faster downloading and opening up web pages.
Lover of all things Samsung. Currently using Samsung Galaxy S10 Plus 128gb

Message 14 of 15

jonsie
  • 93253 Posts
  • 609 Topics
  • 6984 Solutions

Customers are reporting problems with notifications but I'm sure Samsung will get an update sorted out.Not everyone is having issues. It isn't something I will have experience of for a good while as the phone's I have won't be getting this update.

Message 15 of 15