cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Faulty 3Gs IPhone

Anonymous
Not applicable
I got my brand new Iphone just only Last week Thursday, Over the weekend i found out that there was a fault with it, so on monday i took it in, to the O2 store and the guy there said to send it back to O2 online, so i sent it back to this address

Returns Dept
Po Box 88
Leeds Ls88 1xL
Freepost

is that the right address ???

Now I'm in Manchester and i sent it back to them on Monday, its bloody Thursday Now and there saying still not RECIEVED IT could take up to 6 or 7 bloody DAYS MORE, when yesterday i was told it TAKES 3 WORKING DAYS for them to recieve it, And its only going UP TO BLOODY LEEDS, it aint going to JAPAN.

I have to wait for them to receive it, so it can show up on there computers and THEN there gona send me a replacement.

So does it usually take this long for you guys as well ???
Message 1 of 6
5 REPLIES 5

adamtemp64
Level 66: Unequalled
  • 16454 Posts
  • 312 Topics
  • 1316 Solutions
What method did you send it back by? I.E. can it be tracked? and is it insured in transit.
iPhone 11 Pro 256gb on unlimited data
iPad Pro 12.9” 2020 256gb refresh o2 family discount
Apple Watch series 4
My first mobile was in 1995 a CM-R111 from sony on Cellnet.
Wincanton South Somerset (Full 4g 3G 2g indoor coverage) Remember we are all customers here not customer services

Message 2 of 6

Anonymous
Not applicable
What method did you send it back by? I.E. can it be tracked? and is it insured in transit.

I sent it back by 2nd Class Post and all i've is a Certificate of Posting with the o2 address and some 12 letters which look like a tracking number, but i'm missing one letter. On top of all this there's bloody postal strike tommorow which is just great had to happen this month and this bloody week 😐

Just a quick update

Phoned up again and now the person i was speaking to said that if i post my Certificate of Posting to him, he well get a replacement ordered and sent out to for NEXT WEEK FRIDAY Smiley Mad , why does it take this long, i'm only in Manchester and usually in the past when i've had faulty phones i get a replacement the next day, but now for some reason its takeing this long bloody hell O2 :womanindifferent:

So i just faxed the Photo Copy of the Certificate off to him, and now aparantly it takes 3 working hours for HIM TO RECIEVE IT :womanindifferent:
Message 3 of 6

adamtemp64
  • 16454 Posts
  • 312 Topics
  • 1316 Solutions
Morale of the story.

With high value items send back Special delivery an Iphone in its box and all accessories costs £6.70 and is insured to £500.00 and will be delivered by 1pm next working day.( you can up the insurance cover either £1000 or £2500)

Sorry to here your delay but a certificate of posting or even recorded cannot be tracked through the system. Special delivery can be tracked and you can see if it is out for delivery and then after 14.30 get proof of delivery on the web.

Adam
Apple Watch series 4
Wincanton South Somerset (Full 4g 3G 2g indoor coverage) Remember we are all customers here not customer services

Message 4 of 6

adamtemp64
  • 16454 Posts
  • 312 Topics
  • 1316 Solutions
Also under the sale of goods act if faulty they should have replaced the phone there and then within 14 days. Not fit for purpose.

Did you buy it online or instore?
Apple Watch series 4

Message 5 of 6

Anonymous
Not applicable
Also under the sale of goods act if faulty they should have replaced the phone there and then within 14 days. Not fit for purpose.
Did you buy it online or instore?

I bought it online, and the guy in store said cause i bought it online i would have to send it back there and that they cant replace it in store for me.

Another Update

the guy i faxed the certificate of posting to phoned me back and said he's recieved the fax and now he's ordered a replacement for me, and all i have to do is wait for the email telling me its despatched with the tracking number tongue

he also said that there getting a delivery of 3gs iphones in today.

so hopefully i get the email tommorow or if i'm lucky today.
Message 6 of 6