cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Early termination fee accidentally charge

Anonymous
Not applicable

I cancelled my contract and was charged a early cancellation fee of £164. When I contacted o2 via online chat, I chatted with Jack on the 14th November and he told me it was an error on o2's side and it would be sorted in 3 days. Nothing happened and I contacted o2 again this time I had an online chat with Ashish on the 30th of November and he apologised and stated that he personally would get this sorted and the money would be in my account in 5 working days. I still have not had my refund. When I try to use the feedback@02.com at the bottom of the chat transcript emails I get a  a response from FEEDBACK2-IE@telefonica.com with the email in spanish. I was told when leaving o2 that they had the best service but I would have to disagree. I am currently on another online chat with an o2 representative who has told me: "I have checked and found that a refund for £181.06 was processed but the request was not completed due to a system error. Now I have forwarded an escalation regarding the same and this amount will be transferred to your bank account within next 15 working days, This is the revised time span. Though there are possibilities that you get the funds sooner ."

Brilliant! I guess when I call in 15 days time I will be told that I will get the money in 30 days. Amazing how they can take money out my account in 10 minutes but needs several weeks to refund. Absolutely useless!

Message 1 of 10
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

jonsie
Level 94: Supreme
  • 93253 Posts
  • 609 Topics
  • 6984 Solutions

You need to call customer service. Live chat aren't the best people to deal with refunds or account related issues. Please call, referable early morning.

Message 2 of 10
9 REPLIES 9

jonsie
  • 93253 Posts
  • 609 Topics
  • 6984 Solutions

You need to call customer service. Live chat aren't the best people to deal with refunds or account related issues. Please call, referable early morning.

Message 2 of 10

MI5
  • 144688 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27733 Solutions
Contact numbers on link if you need a landline number http://www.o2.co.uk/contactus
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 3 of 10

Bambino
Level 84: Resplendent
  • 23161 Posts
  • 1027 Topics
  • 3685 Solutions

Why have they said that they refunded you £181.06 but there was a system error when you said you had been charged £164 in error? Did you cancel your contract early? Was the early cancellation charge waived? Do you have any record of this?

I DO NOT WORK FOR O2

Funniest-Thread-2
Message 4 of 10

MI5
  • 144688 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27733 Solutions
Sounds like the common pay off refresh device plan glitch ?
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Message 5 of 10

jonsie
  • 93253 Posts
  • 609 Topics
  • 6984 Solutions

Anonymous
Not applicable

Having just had my credit checked for a mortgage, I find o2 have raised a default of £5.86 on an old o2 account of mine that was cancelled in 2014.  I currently have 2 current o2 contracts which this month cost me £73.60.

I phoned customer services to pay this outstanding amount and they wouldn't let me because I couldn't prove on the phone, that I was indeed the account holder.   I found the old phone with box in question, took it to Carphone Warehouse where I had bought it from, they found the account no. and put me through to o2 customer services whereupon I paid the outstanding amount.  At the same time I asked if they could please send me an email to confirm payment so that I could prove I had cleared the default and could progress my mortgage application in order to purchase a house.. . . . .

To cut a long story short, 16 days, 3 emails to o2s Credit dept. and 4 calls to customer services later, I still haven't got confirmation of this paid default of £5.86, I can't get the mortgage and the house I was buying has just been re-sold elsewhere. 

Needless to say, I will not be renewing my current contracts with o2. 

Purchasers of o2 beware, their Complaints and Credit depts are email contact only with 10 working days to respond (2 weeks in total) - ironic for a telephone communications company!

Message 7 of 10

jonsie
  • 93253 Posts
  • 609 Topics
  • 6984 Solutions

There have been quite a number of people who find too late that there is a default on their credit file. Usually it's down to cancelling the direct debit before the final bill has been produced and invariably it's for a minor sum. Good luck with getting this sorted but if the default was correctly placed it's going to be hard to get it removed.

Message 8 of 10

MI5
  • 144688 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27733 Solutions
That's why we always say not to cancel the DD.

Currently using:
Message 9 of 10

Curr946
Level 26: Upbeat
  • 2174 Posts
  • 133 Topics
  • 44 Solutions
What gets me is that you would have missed all the letters requesting payments and the default notice, and then debt collection letters and calls....
Current Phone: Sony Xperia XZ Premium
Message 10 of 10