Welcome to the O2 Community

Has your question already been answered? See the community FAQ's

Discussions and Feedback

Topics: 83
Kudos: 1,115
Blog Posts: 2

Re: Chatbots and Artificial Intelligence

Now reading that article, @jonsie, really is terrifying and goes somewhat to what I was trying to say. Yes, you can create a super intelligent AI but should we?

Hate to say it but the film Terminator comes to mind. A piece of fantasy, yes but is it?

Lover of all things Samsung. Currently using Samsung Galaxy S10 Plus 128gb

Topics: 100
Ideas: 2

[ Edited ]

Off to read this, on the strength of the link @jonsie  gave...

https://thenextweb.com/google/2019/05/16/googles-new-ai-can-help-you-speak-another-language-in-your-...

and more detailed here:

https://ai.googleblog.com/2019/05/introducing-translatotron-end-to-end.html

Skynet next?

We demand rigidly defined areas of doubt and uncertainty. Douglas Adams.
Topics: 100
Ideas: 2

It has taken me a while to read up on the AI scene, and I watch with interest, hoping we never get to the likes of Minority Report (not too far from some of the news lately wrt to facial recognition cameras!) and similar.

I Robot's 3 laws, (Asimov's, I guess) are open to misuse. We have a gaping hole between what's possible, technologically, and what should be controlled, morally, to breach yet. And that applies to studies and practices related to genetics, gene therapy and how we treat the outcomes of these experiments: more human than a human? 

And my reference to Skynet, well... I think I shall be watching this purely for entertainment value:

We demand rigidly defined areas of doubt and uncertainty. Douglas Adams.
Level 9: Fired up

I'm not a fan either and what concerns me most is that some security vendors do seem to be tapping AI as a solution to cybersecurity challenges.

I think this is the most likely game over scenario because one AI driven security service will be tasked with protecting another from internal as well as extermal threats as those within an organisation can be as motivated to wreak havoc as those outside.

Current tech used:
Nokia 5 on giffgaff, Core i7 9700F PC with Win 10 Pro. Apple Mac Mini late 2014 with Core i5 running 10.15
Home Internet Connection: Zen Internet Fibre To The Premises Full Fibre 1 38 Mbps Down/9 Mbps up,
I don't work for O2 but have an interest in networks (including mobile) and IT (which is how I earn my living)