Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

4G feedback

paddyguy
Level 4: Observant
  • 157 Posts
  • 26 Topics
  • 0 Solutions
Why dont o2 show 4G+ on there maps like EE do so you know where you will get it and and wont get it only askin slight_smile
Message 1 of 39
38 REPLIES 38

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 144308 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27660 Solutions
@Martin-O2 @EmilieT ?
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 2 of 39

darrengf
Level 28: Ingenious
  • 2080 Posts
  • 60 Topics
  • 48 Solutions

So o2 has only just started enabling LTE Cat 6 on the network with MIMO 4x4 April 2018

This only started when O2 won’t the LTE 2300Mhz spectrum.

So there are a few sites in Leeds and odd site else where.

Quite a few in London..

Howevre there is more to it that just enabling the sites.

first of all, if it’s a iPhone, it will never say 4G+

Android will, however this all depends on firmware’s, Carrier Agregation and if the phone can do it.

there is a lot more to do with 4G+ than just switching it on.

You will need to be on the latest firmware, o2 carrier agrigation set correctly in the phone, this is part of the firmware APN, does your phone support LTE 2300, what is the speed of the phone, and so on.

hope this helps

Need Help, Just ask. We are one big Family here in the o2 Forum.
Use iPhone XS Max dual sim, SE, Honor 10, IPad Pro 11, Apple Watch 4 LTE, 100+ Mpbs Barrier and a Record Player.

Message 3 of 39

MI5
  • 144308 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27660 Solutions

I think he was asking about coverage maps, not phone  display?

I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Message 4 of 39

darrengf
Level 28: Ingenious
  • 2080 Posts
  • 60 Topics
  • 48 Solutions

Oops yep my bad.

well there is a reason for that too.  Apart from 50 dots, most in London, that would be it

Need Help, Just ask. We are one big Family here in the o2 Forum.
Use iPhone XS Max dual sim, SE, Honor 10, IPad Pro 11, Apple Watch 4 LTE, 100+ Mpbs Barrier and a Record Player.

Message 5 of 39

MI5
  • 144308 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27660 Solutions
Lol yep, so maybe later then wink

Currently using:
Message 6 of 39

paddyguy
Level 4: Observant
  • 157 Posts
  • 26 Topics
  • 0 Solutions
Would be nice to know tho and ive seen 4G+ in Manchester and liverpool
Message 7 of 39

Anonymous
Not applicable

Also allegedly on a few masts in Brighton too (Bands 1 & 3 have been refarmed here to compliment the baselayer Band 20), but not witnessed it myself - don't think it's city wide, but as mentioned above would probably only be a few dots/splodges on the coverage map due to not being widely rolled out yet!

Have to say, in my personal experience the EE map can range from both widely optimistic through to strangely pessimistic (even if you input your specific phone model), so I wouldn't put too much faith in the accuracy of their 4G+ layer.

Message 8 of 39

gmarkj
Level 66: Unequalled
  • 12067 Posts
  • 94 Topics
  • 1124 Solutions
not sure if it is down to the new bands o2 have - I have had 4g+ show on my phone in Rushden (East Mids/NN10 area) and I doubt that is a priority for o2!

Please note, this is not customer services and we cannot access your account. Do not publish personal details (email, phone number, bank account).

Link to our guide on how to contact them can be found here

Message 9 of 39

gmarkj
Level 66: Unequalled
  • 12067 Posts
  • 94 Topics
  • 1124 Solutions
Rather than edit...
Just checked some old screenshots and I have 4g+ showing on one from Sept 2017 so probably on the G4 rather than the v30, but have seen it on this as well.

Please note, this is not customer services and we cannot access your account. Do not publish personal details (email, phone number, bank account).

Link to our guide on how to contact them can be found here

Message 10 of 39