Level 1: Joiner
  • 1 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

got no option moved to o2 of virgin mobile  £20.67  to 8th oct 2024

if i never updated i would have been locked in to the £20.67 + new rpi thing 

moving to o2..

on the end of o2 deal 

21st sept 2024 got a great deal of o2 . £14.99 but then the shock of life the deal was 12 months as i agreed but soon as sign and sealed there was an extra bonus i poo poo my pants. 

told me when i locked in that the following 21st 2024  £14,99 rpi to 20th sept 2025

I WAS SHOCKED WITH THERE TERMS AND PLUG THE Y FRONTS OVER MY FACE .

THE TERMS WE GIVE U £11.00 OF FOR 12 MONTHS THEN THE SHOCK WAS IF 

I DONT DO NEW DEAL THEN £26.99 + RPI OF APRIL 2025 RATES 

ON 20TH SEPT 2025 .

WIFE WAS ON O2 AND HER PRICES WAS FIXED IN OR OUT OF CONTRACT SO WHY THEY ARE DOING 

OFFERS AS I WAS TOLD £14.99 SO I THOUGHT WAS FIXED BUT 

BE WARE O2    GET THE SHOES ON AND KICK UR BACK SIDE .

NOTE THEY QUOKE WAS IN TERMS OF CONTRACK BUT THE CHAT REP WAS CHATTING TO 20 + CUSTOMERS AND TOOK 1 1/2 HOURS OF CHATTING AND FELT HAPPY I GOT THE DEAL 

BUT MORE SHOCKED THAT TIMES OUT IN 12 MONTHS ....

Message 1 of 4
3 REPLIES 3

pgn
Level 76: Forum Legend
  • 38336 Posts
  • 240 Topics
  • 1730 Solutions

@JASON11 - as with every purchase anyone makes, you need to do your homework before taking the plunge - buyer beware.

If you are still having issues, you really should take it up with O2: Guide: How to find help & contact O2 - or cut bait and run - to another network Guide: Cancelling Your Contract - but do get a monthly PAYG SIM from each of the networks you are going to consider, and use them for a month to gauge if the new network is an improvement over O2 in the places you live, work and play *before* you go getting a 2 or 3 year contract with that network.

Good luck!

Message 2 of 4

madasaf1sh
Level 77: Grand Master
  • 11561 Posts
  • 63 Topics
  • 3159 Solutions

@pgn 

Well done for understanding that, I couldn't make heads or tails of it.. 

--
iPhone 15 Pro Max - o2 and Spusu
Xperia 1V - Spusu

--
This is not customer services and we dont have access to your account
I do not work for o2 or any VMo2 /Telefonica/Liberty Global Company
Message 3 of 4

Oxonian
Level 33: Firestarter
  • 9192 Posts
  • 209 Topics
  • 26 Solutions

Unless I am completely missing the point of this @JASON11, I am not sure what you are worried about. 

You are currently paying £20.67 per month. Your price is reducing from October 2024 to £14.99 per month. From April 2025, it might increase by say - this is my guess - £1.50 per month to say £16.50 per month. Hence, you will still be paying significantly less than you are now. 

In a year's time, you will be able - under current rules - to remain "out of contract" at that price, or to use something like Uswitch to look for an even better deal. 👍 

Message 4 of 4