cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

upgrade problems.

Anonymous
Not applicable
Someone please tell me I'm not being unreasonable!!

Friday 8th of April - LG G5 is released. I speak to customer services about popping in store on Saturday to pick up my new phone and ask them if they can waive my £20 fee as my refresh would be paid off by Monday anyway. I also ask if I would still receive my free gift of a cam plus. I am assured I will be able to do this *cue very happy Facebook status*

Saturday 9th of April - I pop in store to be told that they can not honor the offer and I need to ring customer services again to speak with someone about why I was told I could do this. I do this, and they guy on the phone didn't have an answer - but I put through my order for my new phone and was assured it would be with me on Tuesday. Fantastic.

Sunday 10th of April - I couldn't find where to track my order on 'My O2' so I contacted an advisor who (AGAIN) assured me that my phone would be dispatched on Monday for delivery on Tuesday. Great! All is on track (later that evening I switched my phone to desktop view and managed to find how to track my order)

Monday 11th of April (today) - after getting home from work at 6pm, I check 'My O2' to find the order still in progress! Surely it should have been dispatched by now? I ring O2 who tell me the phone is out of stock, but they have a delivery today so I should have my phone on Wednesday. Well that's not too bad because I'll be home all day on Wednesday, but why oh why, have I been made so many assurances?! The advisor goes on to tell me he is sorry and understands my fustration but I will definitely have my phone by Friday (after just telling me I would have my phone on wednesday)

I've been with O2 for over 11 years and although I guess it is slightly out of their control I don't understand why and how they can make so many promises to their customers and get away with it. When I asked to speak with a manager I was declined access which has annoyed me even more.

Can someone just tell me I haven't been unreasonable or if I have been explain why!
Message 1 of 42
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

viridis
Level 56: Guvnor
  • 13532 Posts
  • 106 Topics
  • 309 Solutions
Nah matey, it's in the terms.
Number 7:
Device must be purchased from O2 Stores, O2 Telesales or via www.o2.co.uk. Devices purchased via other means will not qualify for this Promotion.

http://www.o2.co.uk/termsandconditions/rewards/lg-g5-launch-cam-plus-terms-and-conditions
Message 10 of 42
41 REPLIES 41

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 144780 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27735 Solutions
Others have said that the G5 has been delayed which we assumed to be stock issues.
Unfortunately O2's ordering system is a shambles, so I agree you're not being unreasonable but neither am I surprised by your plight.
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 2 of 42

Anonymous
Not applicable

The stock system again. You would be better off going in store as you will have better luck in getting your chosen handset rather than the shambles they call a stock system 

Message 3 of 42

Anonymous
Not applicable
I think what has made it even more annoying is that when I went in storeto pre order the phone (which I didn't do because I didn't want to pay £50 to do it) I was told the prediction on sales for the phone was low, so there should be no stock issues!! :'( I've wanted this phone for over a month and was so excited to get it and now I'm having to wait ages. Should have stuck with my original desicion of the S7 😂
Message 4 of 42

Anonymous
Not applicable
But I wanted the free cam plus 😭 hahaha
Message 5 of 42

viridis
  • 13532 Posts
  • 106 Topics
  • 309 Solutions
You still get the cam plus if purchased before April 27th I believe
Message 6 of 42

Cleoriff
Level 94: Supreme
  • 123203 Posts
  • 826 Topics
  • 7472 Solutions

If you look at this thread you will see it was in stock in the Coventry store on the 8/4 according to @viridis

http://community.o2.co.uk/t5/Android-Devices-Samsung-HTC-Sony/LG-G5-release/m-p/962898/highlight/tru...

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 7 of 42

Anonymous
Not applicable
Cam plus is only free gift if purchased online I think. I only managed to get it over the phone as they did waive the £20 fee left on my refresh.
When I went into my local store (Newton abbot) I was told they get allocations and that there's was 10 and they wouldn't sell anywhere near that many.
Message 8 of 42

Anonymous
Not applicable
Theirs*
Message 9 of 42

viridis
  • 13532 Posts
  • 106 Topics
  • 309 Solutions
Nah matey, it's in the terms.
Number 7:
Device must be purchased from O2 Stores, O2 Telesales or via www.o2.co.uk. Devices purchased via other means will not qualify for this Promotion.

http://www.o2.co.uk/termsandconditions/rewards/lg-g5-launch-cam-plus-terms-and-conditions
Message 10 of 42