cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

upgrade options

Anonymous
Not applicable

so looking at clearing my refresh balance to upgrade and their is absolutley NO incentive what so ever to upgrade with o2. it comes back to the whole "New Customer" only senario. I have to say what is the point in staying with o2??? you are still charged an upfront cost, still charged full price, i remember when i was with Vodafone, you get given deals left right and centre to stay with them butr with o2 not a sausage... 

Message 1 of 6
5 REPLIES 5

jonsie
Level 94: Supreme
  • 93252 Posts
  • 609 Topics
  • 6984 Solutions
The only advantage is being able to upgrade at any time by paying off the device. I that's not important then go for the best deal with whoever. And if roaming is important then O2 is not the network for you.
Message 2 of 6

Anonymous
Not applicable

im not fussed about roaming i have a work mobile for that, i just want a better deal then what I am paying right now 54 a month for unlt mins and text and 20gb of data, I could pay that go over o free and get ultd everything for that price and better signal coverage... 😞 o2 is by far the worst network for offering upgrade incentives 

Message 3 of 6

Anonymous
Not applicable

the only decent deal is a s7 with a free fitbit 2 

Message 4 of 6

DDRomford
Level 2: Apprentice
  • 12 Posts
  • 2 Topics
  • 1 Solutions
Have you upgraded or found a better offer yet? If not, did you quote the deal you found elsewhere to O2? It seems that in order to keep you, they should at least offer to match it.
Have you looked on the Carphone Warehouse site? Some of their current double data deals are better than dealing directly with the network. I got my XZ Premium on O2 at the Carphone Warehouse with a better deal than O2 could offer.
Alternatively, if its a Refresh-type tariff you're interested in, Virgin do a similar 24 month contract called Freestyle. Virgin are 4G now and piggyback on EE.
If you're already sorted, I hope you're pleased with what you ended up with!
Message 5 of 6

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 144510 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27710 Solutions
O2 don't need to price match.
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 6 of 6