cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

strange messages left on my phone

Anonymous
Not applicable

on 30/8/2013 09:36 pm I got the following message:

"Welcome to Israel. While away you can top-up just like at home  by calling 4444 "

I have never been to isa=rael in my life!!

Then on same day though later at 09:53 pm  I got:

"Thank you for travelling with 02 in Jordan, to make a call dial *111*# followed by send. The phone will ring back; answer & follow the prompts"

after that there were two configuration messages from zain telecom (this is a middle east provider like 02)

Configuration zain mms server url:    http://mms.zain.sd     12/9/2013 3.26 pm  

One home url is  http://www.sd.zain.com  same date and time as above

What do I make of this? Is someone else using a copy of my sim.  These are the only messages there are no more

Anyone have any ideas

chris owen

Message 1 of 6
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Bambino
Level 85: Esteemed
  • 23954 Posts
  • 1045 Topics
  • 3770 Solutions

Why are you asking this five months after you received the first message? No one here has access to your account. You need to call Customer Services on 4445 and enquire there.

I DO NOT WORK FOR O2

Funniest-Thread-2
Message 3 of 6
5 REPLIES 5

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi

I would call o2 in the morning to have your account checked.

Message 2 of 6

Bambino
Level 85: Esteemed
  • 23954 Posts
  • 1045 Topics
  • 3770 Solutions

Why are you asking this five months after you received the first message? No one here has access to your account. You need to call Customer Services on 4445 and enquire there.

I DO NOT WORK FOR O2

Funniest-Thread-2
Message 3 of 6

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 149132 Posts
  • 641 Topics
  • 28467 Solutions

I'm guessing there hasn't been any strange balance reductions on your account since last August?

I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.
Please select the post that helped you best and mark as the solution. This helps other members in resolving their issues faster. Thank you.
Message 4 of 6

Anonymous
Not applicable
*111* to make a call? Is that usual anyone?
Message 5 of 6

perksie
Level 69: Guiding Light
  • 27019 Posts
  • 247 Topics
  • 1614 Solutions

@Bambino wrote:

Why are you asking this five months after you received the first message?

Something not right here, why the long delay in posting this?

If it hasn't happened again I would forget it as I doubt O2 could investigate after such a long time.

To support Disasters Emergency Committee: http://www.dec.org.uk/appeals text Nepal to 70000 to send £5

Sky Unlimited Broadband - Windows 10 - Nexus 4 Android 5.1.1
Message 6 of 6