cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

stolen phone

Anonymous
Not applicable
i have had my phone stolen and am being told to buy a new handset......WHY?
i pay my insurance every single month and what for if it doesnt cover brakages or he phone being stolen???????
I am disgusted with o2 lack of help, as long as they have my money they dont care
Message 1 of 17
16 REPLIES 16

adamtemp64
Level 66: Unequalled
  • 16454 Posts
  • 312 Topics
  • 1316 Solutions
you reported it to the police and o2 insurance within the time specified in your policy documents and was it in a place excluded from the cover?
a bit more info and us customers may be able to help you (as we are all customers here) if you want a comment from o2 try @o2 on twitter or on there facebook page
iPhone 11 Pro 256gb on unlimited data
iPad Pro 12.9” 2020 256gb refresh o2 family discount
Apple Watch series 4
My first mobile was in 1995 a CM-R111 from sony on Cellnet.
Wincanton South Somerset (Full 4g 3G 2g indoor coverage) Remember we are all customers here not customer services

Message 2 of 17

Anonymous
Not applicable
Yes, i have reported it to the police and was told i may have to wait 72 hours for someone to call me back, its now over 96 hours and still no word after a number of further calls on my behalf.
Firstly o2 told me i had no isurance on the phone and told me they would just post a sim and i would have to deal with the rest, after calling the isurance group they told me i still have and always have had insurance!!!!!!! I was also told that once i have the crime investigation number i would be looked after and given a handset replacment (iphone4) but when ringing o2 back and going through the whole situation with someone new he told me not to hold my breath as the insurance would not get me my phone back????????? why do i pay insurance on the phone if i have to buy a new one anyway if anything happens to it???
Message 3 of 17

adamtemp64
  • 16454 Posts
  • 312 Topics
  • 1316 Solutions
Ok you need the crime number.
It is o2's insurance policy and you can prove the payments taken?
Have you changed the handset and not notified o2 during the life of the policy? (different imei)

There were horror stories about o2 insurance and they have again changed the company that manage it on there behalf.
If after all avenues have been explored with o2 follow the complaints advice on the o2 contactus page and the insurance company a per the info in your policy booklet.
Apple Watch series 4
Wincanton South Somerset (Full 4g 3G 2g indoor coverage) Remember we are all customers here not customer services

Message 4 of 17

Anonymous
Not applicable
Read your O2 insurance information carefully. You have to report the phone stolen, and get a crime number, and give it to O2, and get the phone barred, all within a very short period of time.
Message 5 of 17

Anonymous
Not applicable
Thanks, i got all that done within 24 hours, i rand the police Friday but they still havent contacted me yet..........? I hope that doesnt come into it as ive done my bit quickly.............?
Message 6 of 17

adamtemp64
  • 16454 Posts
  • 312 Topics
  • 1316 Solutions
I would make contact with the police again the crime reference number is very important
Apple Watch series 4

Message 7 of 17

Anonymous
Not applicable
contacted them 9 times thus far and they have been no help and just tell me that they are busy.............? what more can i do? i am worried that the time taking the police to return the call with the crime number will make o2 even more shirty about replacing the handset??????????????????????
Message 8 of 17

Anonymous
Not applicable
Why not rather than calling the police try to drop in to their station and get the case number? If you have the case number that it has been reported to the police the insurance has no excuse not replacing your handset as if they do and you proved that you are paying your insurance regularly that means they are breaching the contract with you and you can sue them for this matter! Make sure you have all the evidence that you pay your bills with them regularly have it all photo copied never give your original to the insurance company and report them to the police if they are not taking action. Try to understand your right on your contact with the insurance read it through, my mobile insurance covers theft. So if your contract covers theft and your mobile is stolen then they should replace it.
Message 9 of 17

perksie
Level 69: Guiding Light
  • 27019 Posts
  • 247 Topics
  • 1614 Solutions
Make sure you have all the evidence that you pay your bills with them regularly have it all photo copied never give your original to the insurance company and report them to the police if they are not taking action.

The police would not look at this, it is a civil dispute.
To support Disasters Emergency Committee: http://www.dec.org.uk/appeals text Nepal to 70000 to send £5

Sky Unlimited Broadband - Windows 10 - Nexus 4 Android 5.1.1
Message 10 of 17