cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

sale to Sky

Anonymous
Not applicable

I am very disappointed to learn that O2 has been sold to Sky. I do not want to be paying any money to Rupert Murdoch or any of his companies so I shall be making enquiries about transferring to another company for my mobile and home telephone and broadband as soon as possible.

Message 1 of 116
115 REPLIES 115

Liquid
Level 44: Clearly Talented
  • 5942 Posts
  • 98 Topics
  • 305 Solutions
You can only go on experience you have with other services. I had sky a few years ago and I had no issues with them at all. Only reason I left was when I moved there wasn't a bt line so I went with virgin.

Out of the 500,000 customers sold a small minority won't use sky which is their perogative.
Nothing sucks more than that moment during an argument when you realize you’re wrong. So Ive been told wink
Message 101 of 116

Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

Too much disinformation apearing on this thread and other threads with why SKY is a great service.

Sorry O2 but I will be voting with my feet, only 2 months remaining with contract then it's goodbye.

I feel we have being sold out to a terrible company with a terrible reputation.

For years I have recommended O2 as a great service provider within my computer repair business. Within our business we have a love /hate board for all our customers to see, O2 is in the love section Sky is within the hate along with Talk Talk and other poor companies.

We all need to make it perfectly clear, we don't want SKY, we have no confidence with SKY, we are all willing to dump SKY.

Remind me to put your company in the hate section for being imbeciles. 

10 million customers to your throw away number means nothing. 

I beg you to come up with 10 reasons why people should not go with sky??

In fact I will lower the number to 5 reasons. 

Message 102 of 116

Anonymous
Not applicable

I am in the some would say, an envious position of having 2 mobile phones each with different companies O2 and T-Mobile in the house, so will probably go with T-Mobile now EE who also offer a broadband/mobile phone deal.

Message 103 of 116

Anonymous
Not applicable
Just wondering what O2 are doing about MacAfee as I get my internet security from them via O2, it was a package that they were doing when I joined.
Message 104 of 116

Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:
Just wondering what O2 are doing about MacAfee as I get my internet security from them via O2, it was a package that they were doing when I joined.

http://community.o2.co.uk/t5/Welcome-News/News-about-O2-s-Home-Broadband-and-Home-Phone-Service/m-p/429330#M5817

Message 105 of 116

dotw
Level 1: Joiner
  • 1 Posts
  • 0 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

The latest Which report (April 2013) reviewed Broadband Providers and found O2 amongst the best for value for money and guess which company was worst? Yes - Sky.

One of a few reasons why I shall not be transferring to Sky.

I appreciate selling to Sky is a business decision but I just hope that very few customers transfer over and go to better providers instead. 

Message 106 of 116

Anonymous
Not applicable
My contract finishes at Christmas and assuming your right with the 18 months changeover I'll move over to a new provider then. The best equivalent deal with the £5 mobile discount is EE with a discount for T-Mobile an Orange customers, so if you are with either of them I suggest you join them.
Message 107 of 116

Anonymous
Not applicable
I also am a very happy O2 customer. I have a bad feeling about this sale to Sky and will be ready to jump ship when my contract ends. It's a shame really.
Message 108 of 116

Anonymous
Not applicable

I called O2 to obtain my MAC code to migrate as I was previously a Sky customer and I have to say their tariffs and customer service are ridiculous.  I am annoyed that O2 broadband customers now have to deal with a Sky call centre and the first thing the Sky operative does is try to save you then sell you TV and Sky Talk.

I was also misdavised that if I used my Mac code within 7 days then I have breached the T&C and I was quoted a £7.50 penalty by one operative and then £15 by a second.  I was told that these charges are not listed in the T&C but in a seprate price list on the website.  I've always shopped my broadband around every few years but never been threatened by fees like this.  Sky trying to gernerate a culture of fear to keep customers?

I was also told that I can remain an O2 customer for 18 months but have to deal with Sky customer service.  A very contradictory statement.

Message 109 of 116

Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:
Sky trying to gernerate a culture of fear to keep customers?

I was also told that I can remain an O2 customer for 18 months but have to deal with Sky customer service.  A very contradictory statement.

"O2 Broadband" is a product of Sky's now, the only thing "O2" about it is the name, and for a few more months, the network.

Message 110 of 116