cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

price up

Anonymous
Not applicable

So for months now I've been complaining to you via email, Facebook and phone about how poor your service is, how non existent your customer service is and how expensive your tariffs are and you now have the bare faced audacity to raise your prices!!!!
You are a bunch of thieving low life's, shockingly low value for money already without the price increase. Rarely I get more than one bar of signal and more often than not my Internet fails, not to mention the number of network crashes in the last few months. I for one cannot wait to cancel my contract, I'll never be your customer again nor will I ever recommend you to friends, family or enemies for that matter. Absolute disgrace of a company. 

Message 1 of 31
30 REPLIES 30

adamtemp64
Level 66: Unequalled
  • 16454 Posts
  • 312 Topics
  • 1316 Solutions

nobody on here is paid by o2 unless it says so in there signatures then it states they are an employee as we are all customers here.

iPhone 11 Pro 256gb on unlimited data
iPad Pro 12.9” 2020 256gb refresh o2 family discount
Apple Watch series 4
My first mobile was in 1995 a CM-R111 from sony on Cellnet.
Wincanton South Somerset (Full 4g 3G 2g indoor coverage) Remember we are all customers here not customer services

Message 11 of 31

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 149737 Posts
  • 641 Topics
  • 28523 Solutions
The other threads are in this section http://community.o2.co.uk/t5/Pay-Monthly-and-Pay-Go/bd-p/1 wink
It can't be helped if you chose not to read the T&C's before signing and you have a 7 day cancellation period which is surely long enough for you to take the contract home to read ?
At an average of £1 per customer per month I don't see how O2 can loose 40 million customers either - the math don't add up slight_smile
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.
Please select the post that helped you best and mark as the solution. This helps other members in resolving their issues faster. Thank you.
Message 12 of 31

perksie
Level 69: Guiding Light
  • 27019 Posts
  • 247 Topics
  • 1614 Solutions

@Anonymous wrote:

• The other price rise threads from the last few days since they announced it don't appear to be visible now having just scrolled through, (I wonder why?) so people are entitled to post here.
  • Thanks for the info about the 'terms and conditions' when you've been instore signing up for a new deal, has any member of staff ever bothered to ask if you'd like to be left alone for 20 minutes to read through the terms & conditions, or offered to read them to you? I think not. Its very simple, the word 'fixed price' should mean fixed. And pushing people into longer and longer contracts, 12, then 18, then 24 months, to get the best deal and then putting the prices up with no option to terminate the contract is disgraceful.
  • And finally, the the person who says 'well everyone else has already done it' so why be bothered about it?
    The thing is, there is something you can do. Complain to Ofcom.

I haven't seen any threads about this removed.

The terms are on this site for anyone to read at any time, if you chose to sign up to a contract without checking them first that is really down to you, I did.

The fact others have done it is immaterial but the right has always been there.

The word "fixed" does not appear anywhere.

Ofcom are looking at the reasons why the reasons why this is included and may make recommendations later.

Did you write a letter like this to your gas and electric companies when they increased prices by incredible amounts?

What response did you get?

You can always move to Pay and Go, or a monthly contract when your minimum term is up if you find the terms so reprehensible.

My increase is 65 pence a month, I feel I can live with that.

Vile - I don't think so! Smiley Frustrated

To support Disasters Emergency Committee: http://www.dec.org.uk/appeals text Nepal to 70000 to send £5

Sky Unlimited Broadband - Windows 10 - Nexus 4 Android 5.1.1
Message 13 of 31

Liquid
Level 44: Clearly Talented
  • 5942 Posts
  • 98 Topics
  • 305 Solutions
O I wish O2 paid me haha. Nothing like being paid for a hobby:)

Can anyone show me these contracts that are described as "fixed price"? Or are they just a fabrication of the angry imagination?
Nothing sucks more than that moment during an argument when you realize you’re wrong. So Ive been told wink
Message 14 of 31

MI5
  • 149737 Posts
  • 641 Topics
  • 28523 Solutions
I would show you my contract but it just evaporated in a puff of smoke 😞
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.
Please select the post that helped you best and mark as the solution. This helps other members in resolving their issues faster. Thank you.
Message 15 of 31

adamtemp64
Level 66: Unequalled
  • 16454 Posts
  • 312 Topics
  • 1316 Solutions

http://www.o2.co.uk/termsandconditions/mobile/our-latest-pay-monthly-mobile-agreement is the latest and the previous can be found on this page http://www.o2.co.uk/termsandconditions/archive/your-mobile-agreement

iPhone 11 Pro 256gb on unlimited data
iPad Pro 12.9” 2020 256gb refresh o2 family discount
Apple Watch series 4
My first mobile was in 1995 a CM-R111 from sony on Cellnet.
Wincanton South Somerset (Full 4g 3G 2g indoor coverage) Remember we are all customers here not customer services

Message 16 of 31

Liquid
  • 5942 Posts
  • 98 Topics
  • 305 Solutions

Can't be bother to read that adamtemp64 just give me my new shiny phone and take my money!! slight_smile

If theres anything I don't like ill whinge about it later;)

Nothing sucks more than that moment during an argument when you realize you’re wrong. So Ive been told wink
Message 17 of 31

jonsie
  • 94192 Posts
  • 611 Topics
  • 7019 Solutions

Ah, terms and conditions, the things you read when you feel the need for a whinge. It is assumed that being over 18 years old when taking out a contract that you are mature and adult enough to read them before taking out a contract or within the 7 day cancellation period.

The fact that the OP didn't is solely down to thier couldn't care less at the time attitude. Grow up and enter the real world.

Message 18 of 31

Anonymous
Not applicable

o2 has struck again and won't allow me access the forum using the username I set up previously. It requested I select a forum username again so I've had to pick a different one. Apologies if that's a problem to any of you or my fault, but some of the misleading responses to my previous post meant I felt it necessary to reply.

Firstly I'm glad some of the people on here 'know' for a certain fact that nobody from o2 has ever come on here without disclosing they work for them, its nice to know that we can be sure that o2 always have our best intentions at heart and never their profits! Never has a multi-national company ever even been tempted to encourage their staff to be even slightly surropticious, ever, to improve their own lot. Ever. I feel completely reassured, thank you for your response.

Also nobody has suggested o2 will lose 40 million customers by increasing their prices by inflation MI5 - I said £40 million (cash) not customers -  thats the amount of money newspapers are reporting they'll take in extra revenue from the price hike, not the amount of customers I suggested they'd lose.

Re other threads disappearing - I could not at the time of posting (like the original poster) see the previous threads that were apparently the more correct ways to post. If I missed them i apologise.

In terms of gas & electric, yes ironically I have just changed my supply after being on a fixed rate for a year - note fixed where the price didnt change - and even though it was fixed I was not tied in to a long term contract, I would have been able to change at any time I wish for only £20. If I want to leave o2 I have to wait 16 months or pay off the remainder of my contract in cash. Frankly it is not even a fair comparison for you to make, and to suggest so is insulting to both of our intelligence. Also it is clear that gas & electric companies are not a good model for a competitive marketplace in anycase, as they are all offering the 'same' fuel, simply with different customer service & bill provider. At least phone providers can offer different handsets, different pylons for providing signal access, etc.

Oh now we come to ts & cs. Incidentally everybody with half a commercial brain knows that 'terms and conditions' which are tens of pages of size 4 font are deliberately designed to discourage customers from reading them. If you were a trained lawyer and could correctly interpret and understand the ramifications of every terms and conditions you ever had to click 'ok' or sign off to join a loyalty card scheme (online shopping site or similar,) and actually did go through them each with a fine tooth comb, you would not have a life. It would be entirely consumed working through each t&c you come across. Incidentally no-one in any o2 shop < any of the times I have previously renewed > has ever advised me to go away and read the ts&cs to make sure I am happy with them. 

Finally thank you for the questioning my manhood (really?) I am indeed very grown up and living in a very real world, unfortunately its a world that I can see companies acting not in the best interests of their customers in a fair and balanced marketplace, but a world in which a small number of giant companies almost completely control the marketplace and feel they can do whatever they want, because afterall where are you going to go, Detroit?

Message 19 of 31

Liquid
  • 5942 Posts
  • 98 Topics
  • 305 Solutions

You know I'm just going to write a clause into my T&Cs stating that I won't provide a service yet they'll still have to pay full price.

If you can agree to them you can read them, if not you only have yourself to blame.

A clause stating that prices can rise to match inflation hardly requires a legal background to quantify now does it?

as for the forum members being hidden O2 reps. We have a lovely thing called highlights that show each large contributing member, none of us are O2 reps with the exception of miss cahlie who expressively states in her signature she works for O2 but contributes in an unofficial capacity. All O2 members are shown by their ranks within the forum. We'd o. Spotted such an imposter by now:)

Message 20 of 31