cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

pay monthly contract

Anonymous
Not applicable

Oh I am so fed up with 02 at moment got a text saying my bill is overdue £135 thing is they never take the bill on on date they say ,they have set me up with wrong contract  told them time & time again im still getting overpriced bill iasked for itemised bills yet have not recieved one thing is when i text my balace tells ne my bill is only £30 .04  yet text from 02uk says £135 im confused im so fed up its causing big friction between me & my hubby too , plus im getting charges from bank coz 02 donot take the money when its due please advice coz im not feeling the customer satifaction oh yes i asked for the £16,99 a month deal but they got mixed up because they asked my hubby if he was interested in the £11,99 a month deal he said not at the monent & the wally woo has signed me up to that despite several calls to try explan whats gone wrong its still not sorted & not getting help from them what do i do my contract ends end of feb cant go on like this /

Message 1 of 15
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Anonymous
Not applicable

Right, @Anonymous .... a lot going on here!

So, from the beginning..."O2 never take the bill on the date they say", the DD date is the same every month, so if it's not been taken either it got rejected or your DD is not active.

A for itemised bills all you have to do is login to my O2, if you don't have your details to sign in web chat or 202 can give you those.

As for the tariff, if they put you on a lower one it can easily be changed by customer services or even you can do it on my O2.

On my O2, you will also find out what your balance is and will be allowed to pay it online. Also you will find out what your billing date is, meaning when you get your calls,txt,data allowance. The DD date, if its not convenient all you need is one successful DD taken and then you can change it to a more suitable date.Hope this helps! slight_smile

Message 5 of 15
14 REPLIES 14

Cleoriff
Level 94: Supreme
  • 123027 Posts
  • 826 Topics
  • 7471 Solutions

Hi @Anonymous 

Must admit I am a little confused with this. If you are on a contract and have set up direct debits to pay monthly then it is O2's responsibility to take this money on the same date every month?

If your bill is in excess of your monthly contract it may well be you are on the wrong tariff to suit your needs and are exceeding your allowance...Texts calls and data...which would be why your bill is higher than you thought it would be...

You really need to ring Customer Services on 202  and get them to sort this out for you. Obviously if your husband has got involved and set you up on this cheaper tariff....then it is not the right one for you...

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 2 of 15

Anonymous
Not applicable
Hi shelly090 and Welcome to the Forum.

If you've already spoken to O2 Customer Services as it sounds you have ie...........

"despite several calls to try explan whats gone wrong its still not sorted" ........

then I would suggest you perhaps follow the complaint route via ->

http://www.o2.co.uk/how-to-complain/complain

I don't understand this part....... "plus im getting charges from bank coz 02 donot take the money when its due"........ as you wouldn't recieve bank charges for a Direct Debit not being taken. Charges would possibly occur for a direct debit being taken and not enough funds being in your account.

Regarding your current bill check in your http://www.o2.co.uk/myo2 to see what it currently is standing at.

Check what your being charged for as some numbers are not included in your minutes allowance -> http://www.o2.co.uk/help/everything-else/special-numbers and you may be converting some texts to MMS - multimedia messages. These are converted by these methods of input in to a text message -> http://service.o2.co.uk/IQ/SRVS/CGI-BIN/WEBCGI.EXE?New,Kb=Companion,question=ref%28User%29:str%28Mob...

Please let us know how you get on.
Message 3 of 15

Cleoriff
  • 123027 Posts
  • 826 Topics
  • 7471 Solutions

I suggested ringing customer services again to give the OP a starting point with a clearer understanding of why her bill is in excess and isn't being paid by her bank.

One of the key statements in her post was 'She wanted the £16.99 tariff but her husband signed her up for the £11.99 one'

This tariff is obviously not meeting her needs and I suspect she is exceeding her limits every month which will result in higher charges than she expected.

So armed with that knowledge I would suspect going back to CS to discuss from this angle may be better for her.

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 4 of 15

Anonymous
Not applicable

Right, @Anonymous .... a lot going on here!

So, from the beginning..."O2 never take the bill on the date they say", the DD date is the same every month, so if it's not been taken either it got rejected or your DD is not active.

A for itemised bills all you have to do is login to my O2, if you don't have your details to sign in web chat or 202 can give you those.

As for the tariff, if they put you on a lower one it can easily be changed by customer services or even you can do it on my O2.

On my O2, you will also find out what your balance is and will be allowed to pay it online. Also you will find out what your billing date is, meaning when you get your calls,txt,data allowance. The DD date, if its not convenient all you need is one successful DD taken and then you can change it to a more suitable date.Hope this helps! slight_smile

Message 5 of 15

Cleoriff
  • 123027 Posts
  • 826 Topics
  • 7471 Solutions

I would also add to the above. When you take your next contract out in February (if you do) please make sure you get the tariff you want and understand. I really think the mix up here is that your husband, (the wally woo as you called him) LOL...got involved and took a lower tariff than the one you originally were looking at.

I would suspect over all the time the contract has been running, you have been exceeding your limits every month

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 6 of 15

Bambino
Level 84: Resplendent
  • 23118 Posts
  • 1026 Topics
  • 3684 Solutions

Sending a complaint to O2 regarding this would be a complete waste of time. Apart from the fact that this is most likely not O2's fault, it would take weeks to get a response.

The simplest, and easiest way to get this resolved is to call Customer Services on 202 from your mobile, which is a free call. You can then explain your problem. They will be able to look up your account and tell you what your tariff is and what your bill charges are. If they're incorrect they will be able to adjust them for you. If they are correct, they will tell you how you came to be billed for them, and tell you how to settle what you may still owe.

I DO NOT WORK FOR O2

Funniest-Thread-2
Message 7 of 15

Anonymous
Not applicable

And just to add to @Bambino's superb post they may also be able to advise if there is a more suitable tariff for your needs.

Message 8 of 15

Cleoriff
  • 123027 Posts
  • 826 Topics
  • 7471 Solutions

Thanks for adding further clarification @Bambino 

Although the length of contract wasn't mentioned in the OP's opening post, it was obvious, (well to me anyway) that it must have been running for nearly a year at least. That was the reason the DD weren't being paid as she was obviously exceeding her monthly tariff limit.... due to her husband agreeing to the cheaper one

It was a long time for this to go unnoticed...... but only CS could sort this for her...

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 9 of 15

Bambino
Level 84: Resplendent
  • 23118 Posts
  • 1026 Topics
  • 3684 Solutions

@Cleoriff wrote:

Thanks for adding further clarification @Bambino 

Although the length of contract wasn't mentioned in the OP's opening post, it was obvious, (well to me anyway) that it must have been running for nearly a year at least. That was the reason the DD weren't being paid as she was obviously exceeding her monthly tariff limit.... due to her husband agreeing to the cheaper one

It was a long time for this to go unnoticed...... but only CS could sort this for her...

You are most likely correct @Cleoriff but the OP's post isn't the easiest to decipher, and however long this has been going on for, as we have said, only CS will be able to sort it. If they're lucky and get the right person when they call (as it's always a bit of a lottery), I'm sure it can be resolved quickly.

I DO NOT WORK FOR O2

Funniest-Thread-2
Message 10 of 15