cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

o2 network and support

Anonymous
Not applicable

this will be my only post here i'm afraid.

for the last 10 months i have been experiencing severe problems with the network coverage and have been unable to make or recieve calls a lot of the time.

i have made countless calls to so called customer services .

this is a business phone not a personnal one.

the network is pathetic and the customer services useless.

i have lost thousands of pounds in work and also lost customers because i was uncontactable.

customer services told me on several occasions my handset was at fault and i have spent a lot of money replacing them through insurance to remain with the same problem.

they offer no goodwill gestures to apologise for the poor network and poor advice .

other than to listen to what you say and tell you they have made a note on your account you get no help.

i cannot take this poor service anymore and will be buying myself out of this contract today.

why i have to buy myself out of a contract that is basically not fit for purpose i guess is just salt in the wound.

for the first 12 months the phone was fine but now it is useless in many areas not just the one i live and work.

my wife has an 02 phone and hers has worked fine so i don't understand why mine has been so bad.

i am sick of beating my head against a wall they call customer services.

this is a very poor way to run a business 

Message 1 of 26
25 REPLIES 25

Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

Thank you, but I did think about fast tracking upgrade, but they wanted £300.00 from me! already getting money from me now that they shouldn't be. slight_frown

Fair enough.

I just wanted to mention the possible avenue.

We get a few people on here saying they recieved a cold call to upgrade and we typically say not to consent as they are usually 3rd party companies, to an upgrade over the phone but instead ring o2 themselves or visit an o2 shop if convenient.

What a nighmare your having.  slight_frown

I didn't take a cold call though, my problem was that the O2 partner handed ,my contract to the second company without my knowledge and the 2nd company just re-signed me to a new 3 year contract without my knowledge. Fraud, but stuck with O2 now until next July 2014. Unless I kick up enough of a stink on different blogs and forums that they decide to change my contract back. Not holding my breath though, as according to other posts, they have 32million customers, why should they care about me. Smiley Mad

Message 11 of 26

Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

Thank you, but I did think about fast tracking upgrade, but they wanted £300.00 from me! already getting money from me now that they shouldn't be. slight_frown

Fair enough.

I just wanted to mention the possible avenue.

We get a few people on here saying they recieved a cold call to upgrade and we typically say not to consent as they are usually 3rd party companies, to an upgrade over the phone but instead ring o2 themselves or visit an o2 shop if convenient.

What a nighmare your having.  slight_frown

I didn't take a cold call though, my problem was that the O2 partner handed ,my contract to the second company without my knowledge and the 2nd company just re-signed me to a new 3 year contract without my knowledge. Fraud, but stuck with O2 now until next July 2014. Unless I kick up enough of a stink on different blogs and forums that they decide to change my contract back. Not holding my breath though, as according to other posts, they have 32million customers, why should they care about me. Smiley Mad

They should care because your a paying customer.

I added the cold call story bit because that how some others have also been stuck with contracts.

Sorry should have explained that.  Apologies.

Seems to me your not asking for something that is unreasonable.

Message 12 of 26

Anonymous
Not applicable
You wouldn't think so, but obviously O2 think I am asking for the earth and all I wanted was to upgrade my phone and take out another 2 year contract!
Message 13 of 26

perksie
Level 69: Guiding Light
  • 27019 Posts
  • 247 Topics
  • 1614 Solutions

@Anonymous wrote:
You wouldn't think so, but obviously O2 think I am asking for the earth and all I wanted was to upgrade my phone and take out another 2 year contract!

Did you read my earlier suggestion in post 10?

To support Disasters Emergency Committee: http://www.dec.org.uk/appeals text Nepal to 70000 to send £5

Sky Unlimited Broadband - Windows 10 - Nexus 4 Android 5.1.1
Message 14 of 26

Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

So you wanted a nice new handset and spend more money with them.

Hmmmm... a no brainer there !

What phone are you using now ?

Have you re checked with o2 so see if they wont let you change your tariff , not lower it in cost, but change perhaps your tariff allowances to give you better value for your current usage pattern.

Then if its the handset perhaps you could sell that one and use the funds to put towards either a sim free one, or visit somewhere like CEX who buy and sell electrical items such as mobile phones.

Not the outcome you want but at lease you have a refreshed phone until your contract comes elibable for upgrade.

I'm just thinking out loud for you.

Hope you dont mind !!

Message 15 of 26

Anonymous
Not applicable
I had a Nokia N900 when I took on the O2 contract. Thought it was time I upgraded and wanted a nice Lumia [big Nokia fan]. I have now bought a lovely red Lumia 520 refurb from O2 [I know!]. I don't use anywhere near my allowances now, but could have had better allowances and saved myself £22/month, with a NEW Lumia.
Message 16 of 26

Anonymous
Not applicable
Didn't quite make that clear about my phone. The Nokia N900 was already mine, so they didn't even provide me with a phone at the start of my original contract.
Message 17 of 26

Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:
Didn't quite make that clear about my phone. The Nokia N900 was already mine, so they didn't even provide me with a phone at the start of my original contract.

I enjoyed using the n900. A nice open source phone.

I just got a little peeved when Nokia dropped support for the Maemo Platform.

Message 18 of 26

Anonymous
Not applicable
I had my N900 from Nokia, as I trialed it for 6 months. So had it for 5 years. I don't know anyone that keeps a phone for that long, but I liked it. It was starting to get slow though, which is why I wanted to upgrade and that is how this can of worms was opened!
Message 19 of 26

Anonymous
Not applicable

Ok,

Well I hope some of the advice given here will hopefully help in some way or other.

Message 20 of 26