cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

o2 network and support

Anonymous
Not applicable

this will be my only post here i'm afraid.

for the last 10 months i have been experiencing severe problems with the network coverage and have been unable to make or recieve calls a lot of the time.

i have made countless calls to so called customer services .

this is a business phone not a personnal one.

the network is pathetic and the customer services useless.

i have lost thousands of pounds in work and also lost customers because i was uncontactable.

customer services told me on several occasions my handset was at fault and i have spent a lot of money replacing them through insurance to remain with the same problem.

they offer no goodwill gestures to apologise for the poor network and poor advice .

other than to listen to what you say and tell you they have made a note on your account you get no help.

i cannot take this poor service anymore and will be buying myself out of this contract today.

why i have to buy myself out of a contract that is basically not fit for purpose i guess is just salt in the wound.

for the first 12 months the phone was fine but now it is useless in many areas not just the one i live and work.

my wife has an 02 phone and hers has worked fine so i don't understand why mine has been so bad.

i am sick of beating my head against a wall they call customer services.

this is a very poor way to run a business 

Message 1 of 26
25 REPLIES 25

Anonymous
Not applicable

I KNOW HOW YOU FEEL =

Took my contract out in July 2010, retailer went bust year later, O2 partner handed my contract to another retailer in DEVON, I'm in the MIDLANDS! They went bust year later. Tried to upgrade my phone in Feb 2012, [didn't get a phone with my original contract as happy with phone I had] and was told I couldn't because my contract didn't end until July 2014. Queried this and they said I had signed a new 3 year contract with the 2nd retailer, questioned this and asked for a copy of the contract. Finally received this in April 2013 and you can clearly see that my signature has been copied and pasted onto a new 3 year contract. Hundreds of emails and phone calls to O2, their partner, only wanted them to revert my contract back to its original end date July 2013, didn't want to leave O2, but O2 refused. Complained to ombudsmen, they can't help, won't help. Reported to Fraud Squad, they probably won't investigate as too little. Complained to O2 complaints, but they just responded by saying that I must take the matter further outside of O2. I am a one-lady small business who can't afford big solicitors fees, so now stuck with O2 until July 2014 on a tariff that is £24 more a month than if I was able to upgrade my phone and change my tariff.  Have taken free legal advice who have told me that O2 are complicit in this fraud as they are continuing with the contract. They obviously just want to keep the money coming in.  Have now bought a new Nokia Lumia and will be cancelling my business contract in July 2014, along with all my family personal contracts. BEWARE OF DODGY RETAILERS - O2 DON'T GIVE A STUFF HOW THEY GOT YOUR CONTRACT AS LONG AS YOU KEEP PAYING THE BILLS. - posted this yesterday and it has disappeared - wonder why??? Will keep posting though. 🙂

Message 2 of 26

Anonymous
Not applicable

@ncollie

As a business customer you do have the option to speak to them about an o2 boostbox.

It may be an avenue instead of leaving.

Message 3 of 26

Anonymous
Not applicable

Good Afternoon @AceGooner and Welcome to the Forum,

Sorry to read of your ongloing issue surrounding your contract.

We are all customers here so would not be able to look at your account so can only give you advice and help.

If your wanting to upgrade early have you looked at speed to refresh options ?

http://www.o2.co.uk/refresh

I hope you get sorted whichever way you decide to go with this.

Message 4 of 26

perksie
Level 69: Guiding Light
  • 27019 Posts
  • 247 Topics
  • 1614 Solutions

@Anonymous wrote:

my wife has an 02 phone and hers has worked fine so i don't understand why mine has been so bad.

If your wife's phone works this can only be the phone or sim card at fault.

I don't know why an insurance claim would be needed for a phone repair as it's not usually covered.

It's a pity you didn't use the forum earlier as I'm sure we could have helped you to sort this out.

To support Disasters Emergency Committee: http://www.dec.org.uk/appeals text Nepal to 70000 to send £5

Sky Unlimited Broadband - Windows 10 - Nexus 4 Android 5.1.1
Message 5 of 26

perksie
  • 27019 Posts
  • 247 Topics
  • 1614 Solutions

@Anonymous wrote:
Have taken free legal advice who have told me that O2 are complicit in this fraud as they are continuing with the contract.

I would suggest you need a different source for your legal advice, as that isn't a helpful comment.

I can't believe this has dragged on for 4 years like this, if it has I'm sorry for you.

You can't use the Ombudsman to adjucate until you have made a formal complaint to O2 first, and the evidence needs to be clearly written out and support your argument.

You should have taken this up back in Feb 2012 when you realised your contract dates had been changed without your knowledge, it seems a bit late to be querying this now.

To support Disasters Emergency Committee: http://www.dec.org.uk/appeals text Nepal to 70000 to send £5

Message 6 of 26

Anonymous
Not applicable

It has taken me from Feb 2012 to April 2013 to get a copy of the so-called contract that I signed.  My complaints went through to O2 first, then back to the O2 retailer, then to the O2 partner.  I have approx 200 pages of emails that have been sent to O2, their partner and the retailer.  This hasn't been going on for 4 years, it has been 19 months though - from when I found out that my contract had been altered, so not just "querying it now".  I have exhausted all avenues that I can afford. I just want others to know that some retailers are dodgy when dealing with them over the phone and they forge your signature, and O2 don't give a stuff, they just want your money.  I had no intention of leaving O2, as up until this issue I had not had any problems with O2.  As for the legal advice, I have received the same advice from 3 legal sources.

Message 7 of 26

Anonymous
Not applicable

Thank you, but I did think about fast tracking upgrade, but they wanted £300.00 from me! already getting money from me now that they shouldn't be. slight_frown

Message 8 of 26

Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

Thank you, but I did think about fast tracking upgrade, but they wanted £300.00 from me! already getting money from me now that they shouldn't be. slight_frown

Fair enough.

I just wanted to mention the possible avenue.

We get a few people on here saying they recieved a cold call to upgrade and we typically say not to consent as they are usually 3rd party companies, to an upgrade over the phone but instead ring o2 themselves or visit an o2 shop if convenient.

What a nighmare your having.  slight_frown

Message 9 of 26

perksie
  • 27019 Posts
  • 247 Topics
  • 1614 Solutions
Removed by me.

Message 10 of 26