cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

o2 insure - WORST CUSTOMER SERVICE IN THE WORLD!

Anonymous
Not applicable
Wondering if anyone is having the same problem as me?

Lost my 3gs 8gb on Thursday, not to worry I thought, I pay £10 a month insurance, I'll get it sorted... How wrong was I!

The claim went through fine but, guess what, they have no stock of this phone and do not have an idea when they'll be getting some in!!! 'We'll send you an email when they're in stock' the rude woman from o2 insure told me. No offer of an alternative, no apologies. So I'm still paying £45 a month, have no phone of any description and no idea when I'll be getting one.

Spoke to o2 customer services today to see if there was an update on the situation and again - no idea of when stock will be in. So angry I could cry - what do I pay premium insurance for if they don't have a handset to send me? :robotmad: :robotmad: :robotmad: :robotmad: :robotmad:
Message 1 of 7
6 REPLIES 6

Anonymous
Not applicable
It doesn't seem they can win. They changed the terms for new customers so that they could offer a different handset and people complained. Your complaining because they wont offer a different handset.
You must be aware of the issues Apple have had with manufacturing and quality control. So I guess you may have a few days wait. If you can't wait then you could start the complaints procedure.
In the meantime, a practical solution is to buy a cheap pay and go phone.
Message 2 of 7

Anonymous
Not applicable
Why oh why should I have to shell out for a payg phone in the interim??? And going by others
previous experiences it won't be a few days but more like a few weeks to wait.
The ts and cs now don't state a turnaround time for claims which
means I don't have a leg to stand on. So many thanks for your pointless reply, was actually asking if anyone was in the same predicament.
Message 3 of 7

Anonymous
Not applicable
There is no need to be like that. I was being practical.

I would have called O2, explain that there was a delay and ask for a credit to my account for the period when I was unable to use the service. I would have used that credit to buy a Pay and Go phone to tide me over. If it looked like it was going on for more than a few days I would have asked for my number to be transferred to a new SIM, so I could use it in the cheap phone.

But if you want to be a martyr about it then go ahead and suffer with no phone.

Or did you just post in the hope of making some noise. That won't actually help solve your problem. You won't be able to force Apple to make more phones and deliver them to the insurers. Being practical and following the complaints procedure might get you somewhere.
Message 4 of 7

Anonymous
Not applicable
Why oh why should I have to shell out for a payg phone in the interim??? And going by others
previous experiences it won't be a few days but more like a few weeks to wait.
The ts and cs now don't state a turnaround time for claims which
means I don't have a leg to stand on. So many thanks for your pointless reply, was actually asking if anyone was in the same predicament.

That's just rude. prking was simply making a pretty sensible suggestion.

Unfortunately in this world insurance is not a cure all, it is a safety net. No 'normal' insurance policy is going to guarantee a turnaround time for solving your problem. In essence you are jumping up and down because they have accepted your claim but don't have a replacement handset to send you. Do you really expect that the insurance company has a pile of out of date iPhones on the shelf just in case you make a claim?

The best course of action to get you back up and running would be what prking suggested. Get a credit for your tariff charges, port the number to a new sim and get a cheap phone. You could be up and running in 12 hours.

My past experiences mean I don't rely on insurance or have any expectation of them. I have a few spare phones knocking about, a couple of sim cards and a backup.

In future you might want to look at insuring your phone independently of the network insurance. I lost an HTC a couple of years ago and made a claim against all risks on my household insurance having previously advised them of the risk. They simply sent me a cheque for the price of a new one less the excess.
Message 5 of 7

Anonymous
Not applicable
I believe the internet expression is pwned grin
Besides, you'd have lost the sim so the point about paying £45 a month is rather moot as you'd need to wait days for the replacement sim to arrive.

Sheepdog/holatara - If you are in a rush you should be able to get a sim card over the counter from an O2 store, normally you can convince them to give it to you free. Once you have the serial number of the sim, you can ask O2 to port your mobile number to the new sim which takes a couple of hours.

Sheepdog - Do you know where pwned came from? I was always led to believe it was a typo by a Warcraft programmer, but is that urban myth? Anyone?
Message 6 of 7

Anonymous
Not applicable
So that's where my last slice went...
Message 7 of 7