cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

network down

Anonymous
Not applicable
Does anyone know when it will be up again?
Message 1 of 727
726 REPLIES 726

Anonymous
Not applicable
My partner has just talked to orange customer service who are aware there is a problem, that has just been flagged! it sounds like a major problem too, but no one is sure at which end!
Message 31 of 727

Anonymous
Not applicable
I'm in South Yorkshire and have had no 3G connection for the last 3 or 4 days now on my iPhone 3G.

Normal O2 signal is fine and can make calls, send texts etc but unable to use the internet features unless I'm near an available Wi-Fi connection.

Any ideas when the 3G signal will be resurrected?
Message 32 of 727

Anonymous
Not applicable
Hi Daz

Where in South Yorks are you? What's the post code?

I'm in South Yorkshire currently near Sheffield and my 3G is not working either..
Message 33 of 727

Anonymous
Not applicable
Im in Newcastle and am having problems with texting and calls. When calling my mobile it goes straight to the answerphone. When making calls from my mobile I just get 2 beeps and it cuts out. I'm not receiving texts till around 3 - 5 hours after they were sent, sometimes longer. Sending texts are a pain aswell. I keep getting a failed message and takes anywhere between 5 - 10 minutes of re-trying to finally send through.

This has been happening for the past 2 weeks now just. If im elsewhere then it seems ok as ive been away for the weekend and everything was fine. My handset has been upgraded and im still having problems. I have a new sim on the way but doubt its that. Ive spoke/complained to O2 3 times already about it and their no help whatsoever (my fella is having the same problems and O2 told us to swap the sim cards over, ring a landline, mobile, blow on the sim etc they even tried to blame our home phone!) Just seems as if no-one is taking responsibility for this and its really annoying!

Anyone else from Newcastle having problems like this please please keep on O2s' case to get this fixed!
Message 34 of 727

Anonymous
Not applicable
Hey Lynz. Deffo sounds like a network issue. If it worked outside the area then it is something that can be reported.

Have o2 raise a case for you?
Message 35 of 727

Anonymous
Not applicable
My partner has just talked to orange customer service who are aware there is a problem, that has just been flagged! it sounds like a major problem too, but no one is sure at which end!

Do Orange have the same problem or are Orange aware O2 are having problems?
Message 36 of 727

Anonymous
Not applicable
Hey Lynz. Deffo sounds like a network issue. If it worked outside the area then it is something that can be reported.
Have o2 raise a case for you?

Dont be daft its like talking to a brick wall when talking to the customer service at O2! They keep checking the signal etc for my area and keep saying theres no problem. Im getting really annoyed with them on the phone when I talk to them now its ridiculous.
Message 37 of 727

Anonymous
Not applicable
Ask to speak to Network services!
If you've been out of the area and your handset worked then it's a proven fault!
Do you know anyone else on o2 that you could get the Mobile number off? You could use them as another example!

What postcode is it?
Message 38 of 727

Anonymous
Not applicable
Ask to speak to Network services!
If you've been out of the area and your handset worked then it's a proven fault!
Do you know anyone else on o2 that you could get the Mobile number off? You could use them as another example!
What postcode is it?

Yes, my boyfriend has the same problems. Again his phone has been fine while we were away. Postcode is NE6.
Message 39 of 727

Anonymous
Not applicable
Call them from your Landline when your in the NE6 area and have your boyfriends number on you. Ask to speak to networks.

This should get it raised.

Check http://webmap.o2.co.uk/ and type in your full postcode to see if there are already any reported issues.
Message 40 of 727