cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

network down

Anonymous
Not applicable
Does anyone know when it will be up again?
Message 1 of 727
726 REPLIES 726

Anonymous
Not applicable
The network is down in the Swindon, wiltshire area. (SN2 postcode)

Swansea SA1 still without covarage!!!!
Message 441 of 727

Anonymous
Not applicable
Just read a few old posts and managed to turn my 3g off my phone and set to GSM only....I've now got service 🐵
Message 442 of 727

Anonymous
Not applicable
Ive switched to GSM and can do everything apart from recieve texts - which is one of the most important things to me!

Can't believe we all fall to pieces the minute our phones stop working :robotsurprised:
Message 443 of 727

perksie
Level 69: Guiding Light
  • 27019 Posts
  • 247 Topics
  • 1614 Solutions
Hey guys - I've created a map webapp to track where O2 is down. I've got 268 results now - if you could add yourself that'd be great! http://iso2downforyou.heroku.com/

Nice one Elliott, one of very few useful posts tonight! wink
To support Disasters Emergency Committee: http://www.dec.org.uk/appeals text Nepal to 70000 to send £5

Sky Unlimited Broadband - Windows 10 - Nexus 4 Android 5.1.1
Message 444 of 727

Anonymous
Level 9: Fired up
  • 1487 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions
Hey guys - I've created a map webapp to track where O2 is down. I've got 268 results now - if you could add yourself that'd be great! http://iso2downforyou.heroku.com/

Nice one Elliott, one of very few useful posts tonight! wink

Thanks! Glad it's helping. I built something similar recently and just repurposed it for this. So far, 287 of 347 results show O2 as being down - which is roughly 83%.
Message 445 of 727

Anonymous
Not applicable
I do think its appauling that noone has bothered to let us know what is going on, like someone else said, how hard would it be to put a banner on their front page or on the support page, which btw is bleeding useless! The email I sent only produced a response saying "We know there is a problem and we are working to resolve it"

Well I'm glad they know about it but how about letting us know! I've searched high and low trying to find out what is going on and finally found this page and some post on Twitter (?! really, Twitter? Because that's where I always go to look for information on problems)

I understand that it isn't the helpdesks fault or maybe it isnt even the engineers fault, but some communication from O2 would be good!

Grrrr! I know I'm moaning but its been a bloody awful day and this has just made it worse! Goodness only know what O2 are going to do about it now.
Message 446 of 727

Anonymous
Not applicable
o2 GSM and 3G down in Kidderminster too - added to the wonderful map, thanks for that useful tool!

It's been down since around 8pm, so 4.5 hours here. No phone, text or data, and frequently no signal.
Message 447 of 727

Anonymous
Not applicable
No idea if it's official, but it's here http://twitter.com/O2/status/13810536021

Nothing on the o2 site about it, of course...
Message 448 of 727

Anonymous
Not applicable
Took me almost an hour to find this thread, it's frankly pathetic that there's no official announcement on the site that there's a major problem.

I'm sure there used to be a map showing service problems, where's that gone? Though I suppose any picture of the whole of the UK would do just fine for that :womanindifferent:

Anyway, service has been down in Okehampton Devon since at least 8pm on the 11th, it extends at least 5 miles north of Oke as well.

I'd try the switch to GSM fix suggested above but we only have GSM here, so it's probably not a goer.

I was just in a phone shop today looking at a HTC Desire, I didn't go for it as they only had it on Orange and I didn't want to leave O2. I feel quite the muppet this evening.
Message 449 of 727

Anonymous
Not applicable
I am bringing a CLASS ACTION LAWSUIT against O2 for their failure to provide service to us suffering customers as they are contractualy obliged to, they are taking our money and not giving us the service, that is theft in my book.

If anyone wants to join me in taking action against O2, please PM me.
Message 450 of 727