cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

network down

Anonymous
Not applicable
Does anyone know when it will be up again?
Message 1 of 727
726 REPLIES 726

Anonymous
Not applicable
Nah, don't feel like that.

I guess all providers have outages from time to time. It's how they communicate with their customers that makes the difference.

If I'd been able to see a banner on the main o2 site saying "we have problems, and hourly updates will be here " then I'd be a much happier chappie about it.

At the moment we have no info other than a tweet (which may or may not be an official o2 tweet, as I can't find a link on the main site to it) and people on this forum saying their service is down.

It's all well and good moving to Orange, but will they communicate better? They used to when Hans Snook was in charge, but I think they've gone downhill in the last several years too.

Personally, I'm annoyed, but I'll wait and see what o2 have to say for themselves after they fix it. Since it seems to be a countrywide outage I'm sure the news outlets will be picking it up in the morning, and perhaps they'll be able to get more info than us humble customers can.

And yes, I know that's wrong!

At least the official o2 forum has this thread, and we're not in the position of having threads being deleted as has happened with other companies in the past!

Regards...
Message 451 of 727

Anonymous
Not applicable
O2. We're better, unconnected!
Message 452 of 727

Anonymous
Not applicable
Its also down in South Wales, still down now and its 2am (12/05/10),,,, whats going on O2, i agree with post above, they are not providing us with a service that they are contractually obliged to do, the least they could have done was informed us....
Message 453 of 727

Anonymous
Not applicable
Seriously, what has got in to people on here?? Talking about lawsuits and the likes, can't people understand that sometimes these things just happen. Yes I need my phone for work in the morning, yes it will cause me a massive headache if it's not fixed but I'm sure if o2 can fix it they will. I'm sure they're not all sat around drinking tea dragging it out just to annoy their customers. Yes their communication should be better and yes they probably will need to compensate you by refunding a percentage of your line rental but suck it up people.....it'll be back on when it's back on!!!!!!
Message 454 of 727

Anonymous
Not applicable
I haven't read all the posts but i don't think the service is down everywhere as I'm in east London and my 02 payg has been working fine all evening and still is.
Hope this helps in someway 😕 and hope the service is fixed for everyone soon slight_smile
Message 455 of 727

Anonymous
Not applicable
Seriously, what has got in to people on here?? Talking about lawsuits and the likes, can't people understand that sometimes these things just happen. Yes I need my phone for work in the morning, yes it will cause me a massive headache if it's not fixed but I'm sure if o2 can fix it they will. I'm sure they're not all sat around drinking tea dragging it out just to annoy their customers. Yes their communication should be better and yes they probably will need to compensate you by refunding a percentage of your line rental but suck it up people.....it'll be back on when it's back on!!!!!!

I think there is a difference in being reasonable and being a doormat!

What's got into me is that I haven't been able to use my phone for seven hours and it's taken me one and a half hours to find this thread after calling O2 and scouring the internet. A simple voice message on the switchboard and a note on the homepage would save that effort for all their customers.

The webpage which allows me to cheque my account status wasn't working either.

It's sheer incompetence and bad manners.
Message 456 of 727

Anonymous
Not applicable
It's 2.37 am here in bournemouth and I have had no service since around 9pm.... it's amazing how frustrating it is, we don't even have a landline, so i'm pretty well cut off from my family who are in surrey. I just hope they get it fixed soon as it would be nice to have my phone online tomorrow. Shows you how reliant we are on mobiles though eh!
Message 457 of 727

Anonymous
Not applicable
Just for the record, I now have a useable signal at 02.46 am
Message 458 of 727

Anonymous
Not applicable

I’ve worked in the industry since teh eighties: Of course its understandable that there can be problems, but to not notify your customers by adding a ticker banner to the main site is just plain bad customer care, even if they don’t know the reason them selves, which is likely: To acknowledge the fact and reassure their customers they are doing something about it; is and should be their first reaction.
There’s no reason to pay for line time when its unavailable and people have every right to ask for notification, however laws suits etc are in the extreme, there I would agree with you, you are the customer you do pay for a service.
Message 459 of 727

Anonymous
Not applicable
Just for the record, I now have a useable signal at 02.46 am

Im back on here in Somerset also 2:45am
Message 460 of 727