Did you mean: 

ios beta 18 RCS Support

GingerPrince
Level 1: Joiner
  • 15 Posts
  • 5 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Hi 

I'm on the ios beta 18 that has support for rcs but it doesn't seem to appear as an option on o2. Is it just not supported yet? 

I saw o2 Germany have enabled it but can't find out if anyone in UK supports it yet. 

cheers 
Matt

Message 1 of 5
4 REPLIES 4

Enlli
Level 67: Unsung hero
  • 7764 Posts
  • 55 Topics
  • 1641 Solutions

Good question  

O2 don't use their own RCS servers as everything as moved over to Google last October. 

Not sure how you set RCS on iOS but it has to be turned on in the Android messaging apps. It's not automatic. 

This is not O2 and we are all customers here similar to yourself and cannot answer account type queries.
Message 2 of 5

madasaf1sh
Level 77: Grand Master
  • 11260 Posts
  • 62 Topics
  • 3153 Solutions

@GingerPrince 

The DEV Beta RCS Messaging is only for select networks in some countries such as Germany, and the US..  and isnt on any UK Network from what I can tell from the dev devices we have at work..  

It is up to Apple to enable the functionality and not o2 UK 

o2 DE do a lot of things differently to o2 UK, best place to mention this is via Feedback at https://developer.apple.com 

@Enlli 

Its enabled in the messaging settings on the Phone when Apple enable the functionality for the UK

--
iPhone 15 Pro Max - o2 and Spusu
Xperia 1V - Spusu

--
This is not customer services and we dont have access to your account
I do not work for o2 or any VMo2 /Telefonica/Liberty Global Company
Message 3 of 5

newneotoo
Level 2: Apprentice
  • 13 Posts
  • 0 Topics
  • 1 Solutions

Hi,

I'm guessing it will come soon to o2 EE and Vodafone have enabled it in the UK for iPhone running IiOS 18 Beta.

Cheers

Message 4 of 5

madasaf1sh
Level 77: Grand Master
  • 11260 Posts
  • 62 Topics
  • 3153 Solutions

@newneotoo 

It was expected on Beta 4, and people reported seeing the details pop up on EE (not seen any mention of it on Voda), and to be honest from the reports on Mac Rumors and devs, RCS is buggy as hell in Beta 4, and it does some weird stuff to iMessage Groups and also in CarPlay

Keep an eye on this thread here... https://forums.macrumors.com/threads/rcs-supported-carriers.2429980 

For now I would advise to avoid RCS in IOS

--
iPhone 15 Pro Max - o2 and Spusu
Xperia 1V - Spusu

--
This is not customer services and we dont have access to your account
I do not work for o2 or any VMo2 /Telefonica/Liberty Global Company
Message 5 of 5