cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

free fitbit charge .. is this a con ??

Anonymous
Not applicable

i have no problem getting on the order site. IMEI number is accepted then i pick the size and go on to the details page, name address phone number and so on...when you click the finalise button a nice red box appears to tell you the postcode is invalid ??..how can it be invalid when it finds your address for you !!!!. talking to the guru was next to useless as they had never heard of the offer...so i went to the o2 shop ..they could'nt even get on the site. so i contacted customer services ..again they didnt know anything about the offer but they checked my details and found no problems..so they are going to find out whats going on with the site and get back to me...so i await with baited breath.. why the hell the couldnt have sent it with my m9 is beyond me..

Message 1 of 14
13 REPLIES 13

jonsie
Level 94: Supreme
  • 93253 Posts
  • 609 Topics
  • 6984 Solutions

Something we all want O2 to sort out.  All offers and freebies should be the responsibility of O2 to sort ouf,  the onus seems to always fall on us to chase it up. 

Message 2 of 14

Anonymous
Not applicable

Sometimes a poorly written Web page may expect the postcode in a certain format, for example no spaces, upper case only or some other format. Try entering the postcode in various different formats.

Message 3 of 14

perksie
Level 69: Guiding Light
  • 27019 Posts
  • 247 Topics
  • 1614 Solutions

The O2 shop has had this problem on and off since I've been with them, which is seven years now, doubtful it ever be right.

To support Disasters Emergency Committee: http://www.dec.org.uk/appeals text Nepal to 70000 to send £5

Sky Unlimited Broadband - Windows 10 - Nexus 4 Android 5.1.1
Message 4 of 14

Anonymous
Not applicable
So, the promo is from the Manufacturer, not O2... hence why not all O2 employees may be aware of the offer (Although they still should, as it makes business sense)
Like others have said, it could be to do with the format the postcode is entered.
Message 5 of 14

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 144688 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27733 Solutions
Someone reported the same "postcode not valid" yesterday so it must be a website error.
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 6 of 14

Anonymous
Not applicable

for the postcode i have tried spaces,upper case, lower case , feel im turning into a basket case. why offer a promotion without testing the redemption process works properly Destroy

Message 7 of 14

Cleoriff
  • 123142 Posts
  • 826 Topics
  • 7472 Solutions

@Anonymous wrote:

for the postcode i have tried spaces,upper case, lower case , feel im turning into a basket case. why offer a promotion without testing the redemption process works properly Destroy

Maybe our Community Admin team should be made aware? @Toby or @Anonymous  If this problem is going to crop up often then there is little we can do.... but it could be taken back to the web team?

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 8 of 14

Anonymous
Not applicable
Thanks for flagging @Cleoriff . We'll feed this back to the team.
Message 9 of 14

Toby
Former Staff
  • 11577 Posts
  • 520 Topics
  • 213 Solutions
Hi guys,

I'm aware some of you may have had trouble claiming your Fitbit as part of the current promotion. I'd like to confirm the correct website to claim this on is https://www.o2fitbitoffers.co.uk/ - you'll need your phone IMEI number handy. If you have any further issues claiming, please let me know via PM.
Fancy writing a great device review or O2 forum guide? Send me a message!

Get involved:
• New to the community? This is how you get help.
• Want to know who we are? Come and say hi to us.
• Want to have a chat? Drop me a direct message.

Message 10 of 14