Your Future Community

Dave-O2
Community Manager
Community Manager
  • 778 Posts
  • 53 Topics
  • 26 Solutions

Hello everyone 😃

As we're now coming up to a month since I've been the Community Manager, I wanted to send this post so everyone can provide their thoughts on what you want to happen in the future on The Community! 

A few points to highlight so far ➡️

• The iPhone 15 & Watch Series 9 Megathread thread has been created with the help of @Chris_K 📱
  • O2 Rewards are up to date 💰
  • Improving my weekly quiz scores 😂
  • Getting to know some of the members better 🤝

With the help of @Chris_K and @ColinO2, I'm always looking to make improvements and we're currently looking to make some changes in the near future, such as updating all the Community Guides to ensure they'll be correct when all customers have been moved over to the 360 system.

I want to reach out to all members to ask what YOU want to see on The Community going forward and into 2024.

So feel free to comment below on any changes you'd like to see, or is there something from the past that was helpful that you want to see return?

If you don't want to comment on the thread, then you're most welcome to drop me a PM, there is also no timescale to get your thoughts across, so if you want to go away and have a think, that's fine 👍

Looking forward to hearing for you 😊

giphy (4).gif

iPhone 15 Megathread //  Don't fall for scams  //  How to get Volt benefits
Contact us on Social MediaFacebook // Twitter // Instagram

Message 1 of 34
33 REPLIES 33

gmarkj
Level 66: Unequalled
  • 12253 Posts
  • 95 Topics
  • 1141 Solutions

I'm on the VM community but don't actually use it (bar I think 2 questions several years ago) so I'm unaware of why people are so wary of this becoming that...

Please note, this is not customer services and we cannot access your account. Do not publish personal details (email, phone number, bank account).

Link to our guide on how to contact them can be found here

Message 31 of 34

Enlli
Level 66: Unequalled
  • 7038 Posts
  • 51 Topics
  • 1573 Solutions

The Virgin Community is a lot bigger in some ways, dealing with mobile, home phone, content and all aspects broadband.

When I first joined there was a policy  for agents not to get involved straight away and usually only appearing if the Community had not come up with an answer after a couple of days or were tagged.

On the Mobile side of things the number of members participating dropped and the decision was taken for agents to get involved from the off. This did two things. It chased the remaining contributors away and it introduced a number of agents that had no idea of the technical side of the mobile network. The latter lead to a massive amount of ignorance and misinformation being put out.

This is not O2 and we are all customers here similar to yourself and cannot answer account type queries.
Message 32 of 34

Dave-O2
Community Manager
Community Manager
  • 778 Posts
  • 53 Topics
  • 26 Solutions

Hey all 

Thanks for all your comments so far and while i'm here i'd like to clarify a few points.

There are no major changes currently happening and is generally business as usual.

The moderators I've introduced above are here to help in the main when i'm not around, especially if this is for an extended period to ensure there are no gaps and the running of our Community remains smooth.

Their primary day to day focus will still remain on the Virgin Media Community.

This is the beginning of a journey where me and @ColinO2 don't know exactly what happens next, however we want to align the best of both worlds, to enhance your Community experience and ensure we provide you the members with what you need, so we can stand out from the crowd.

iPhone 15 Megathread //  Don't fall for scams  //  How to get Volt benefits
Contact us on Social MediaFacebook // Twitter // Instagram

Message 33 of 34

Cleoriff
Level 94: Supreme
  • 124057 Posts
  • 828 Topics
  • 7503 Solutions

@Dave-O2 wrote:

Hey @Cleoriff 

In short the answer is yes, this is something that has been discussed, however there is nothing further to share on this at this time.

When there is some further news i can share i'll update this thread 😃  

Thanks @Dave-O2 xx

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 34 of 34