cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Xperia Z3 5.0.2 lollipop begins rollout.

viridis
Level 56: Guvnor
  • 13532 Posts
  • 106 Topics
  • 309 Solutions
So far has hit nordic areas and will take a few weeks to rollout everywhere.
Of course, network firmwares will take as long as it takes the networks to test and ok to sony
Message 1 of 83
82 REPLIES 82

Anonymous
Not applicable
When I took it off the charger within 5mins it went from 100% to 95% and that was with hardly any use
Message 61 of 83

viridis
  • 13532 Posts
  • 106 Topics
  • 309 Solutions
Do a repair install on pc companion,
Back up important stuff first.
Message 62 of 83

Anonymous
Not applicable
Will that backup my text messages too?
Message 63 of 83

viridis
  • 13532 Posts
  • 106 Topics
  • 309 Solutions
If you back them up yes.
As a failsafe, there's apps on play store that can bulk copy texts too.
Message 64 of 83

Anonymous
Not applicable
But if I connect the phone to the laptop, won't that mess up my battery as im only going to have it connected for a short time? Because once connected it's going to start charging, then once I have done what I need to do I take it off the laptop.

I also read on xperia blog that a factory reset wipes the settings for kitkat, is that true, and if so, do I need to change anything in settings >backup and reset? Like do I need to untick the automatic restore or backup my data, to delete the kitkat settings?
Message 65 of 83

Anonymous
Not applicable
Sorry for the hassle mate
Message 66 of 83

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 144772 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27735 Solutions
A short while won't mess up the battery at all. Modern batteries can take it without any bother.
Doing a full reset would be my advice but you still need to connect to PCC to make the backup first, so you can restore it later.
You can leave auto restore ticked as this just applies to your Google account content and is nothing to do with the operating system at all.
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 67 of 83

Anonymous
Not applicable
Ok thanks for the advice mate, I will let you know how I got on in a little while
Message 68 of 83

Anonymous
Not applicable
Oh another thing sorry lol how the heck do you get rid of the album art off the lock screen when you got the Walkman app on and get the Walkman icons like it was on kitkat? That's another thing I hate about lollipop
Message 69 of 83

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 144772 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27735 Solutions

@Anonymous wrote:
Oh another thing sorry lol how the heck do you get rid of the album art off the lock screen when you got the Walkman app on and get the Walkman icons like it was on kitkat? That's another thing I hate about lollipop

I think I remember something in the lock screen settings about "showing visualisations" ?

I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 70 of 83