Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

WiFi calling

Truckerwood
Level 1: Joiner
  • 1 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

I have a HUAWEI pro 20 and the WiFi calling has disappeared. 

Message 1 of 7
6 REPLIES 6

gmarkj
Level 66: Unequalled
  • 12073 Posts
  • 94 Topics
  • 1124 Solutions

First try turning your phone off and on again @Truckerwood - that normally fixes it.

If that doesn't work, check if the setting has been turned off on your phone or in your account.

Finally if none of the above works, you'll need to get in touch with customer services.

Call 202 or 0344 809 0202  (or use 0800 032 1402 if you have no other line, and you can use Skype for free - Guide: A Guide to Skype ).

Alternatively message o2 on social media:

Facebook (https://o2uk.co/O2CFB) , Twitter ( https://o2uk.co/O2CTW) or Instagram (https://o2uk.co/O2CIG)

Please note, this is not customer services and we cannot access your account. Do not publish personal details (email, phone number, bank account).

Link to our guide on how to contact them can be found here

Message 2 of 7

Capvermell
Level 2: Apprentice
  • 23 Posts
  • 3 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

@Truckerwood same thing here on my Oppo A54 where Wifi Calling and 4G calling were previously enabled on SIM1 (the O2 SIM) on my phone but now the menu sliders to turn them on and off have totally disappeared along with the features but the Wifi Calling setting is still there for my Asda Mobile SIM that uses Vodafone on SIM2.  Restarting the phone or removing the SIM card and restarting it and then readding it does not work.  The phone just refuses now to support 4G Calling and Wifi Calling on the O2 SIM.

This surely must be either something that has happened in an Android update (except Wifi and 4G Calling were working before with the same version of Android 13) or that O2 itself has done in terms of its suport of Wifi Calling for the Oppo Android handsets.  And of Course O2 doesn't indicate that it supports Oppo phones at all on its website (even though I think some O2 shops do sell Oppo phones), even though many of us are also SIM only customers with our phone equipment purchased at our own cost...........

Message 3 of 7

madasaf1sh
Level 76: Forum Legend
  • 10192 Posts
  • 55 Topics
  • 3012 Solutions

@Capvermell

I would speak to Oppo and ask them, as their sister company OnePlus removed all o2 functionality from some of there phones a while back.. 

And to be honest it more than likely Oppo have removed it, as its a GSM standard now adays, and it does look to not be unique to o2 as a quick google shows issues across all UK networks.

Also might be worth looking on the Oppo Forums (Cant remember if they have any)

@Truckerwood 

Same applies you will need to speak to Huawei and ask if they have done any updates

- Xperia 1V - o2 and Spusu
- Pixel 8 Pro - o2 and Vodafone UK
Message 4 of 7

Capvermell
  • 23 Posts
  • 3 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

@madasaf1sh Its hard to understand the Wifi Calling support being dropped at this point in time when Oppo are still currently providing security updates for the A54 and the Android 13 update was not that long ago, even though it would appear to be the last full Android version update for the phone.

Oppo generally have a good reputation for software support on their phones unlike OnePlus who only gave me one Android version update on my Nord N10 phone.

Message 5 of 7

madasaf1sh
Level 76: Forum Legend
  • 10192 Posts
  • 55 Topics
  • 3012 Solutions

@Capvermell 

A quick google shows Oppo removing it from numerous phones since mid 2022 for no apparent reason... 

The only people that can tell you are Oppo 

- Xperia 1V - o2 and Spusu
- Pixel 8 Pro - o2 and Vodafone UK
Message 6 of 7

gmarkj
Level 66: Unequalled
  • 12073 Posts
  • 94 Topics
  • 1124 Solutions

Still showing on my x3 Pro...

Please note, this is not customer services and we cannot access your account. Do not publish personal details (email, phone number, bank account).

Link to our guide on how to contact them can be found here

Message 7 of 7