cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Why can't the O2 busybodies leave things alone?

Anonymous
Not applicable

One of the things I really liked about O2 was the My O2 App that gave easy access to basic information about my O2 Accounts.  It worked well.  Now they have gone and "updated" it!  The same information is available though they have re-ordered it so that UK Data usage is at the top of the page instead of at the bottom ( achange which no doubt required 6 months beta testing) BUT the really annoying change is that instead of presenting me with a menu of my accounts when the app opens (as was previously the case) it now appears to open at the last account viewed.  Why?  What was wrong with the way it was?

Message 1 of 8
7 REPLIES 7

Anonymous
Not applicable

To be honest I think the new MyO2 is better - everyone gets used to how they use the service - For what's is worth I think the information is now easier to access and more information is available in a way app users would expect to go looking for given how apps are evolving.

Message 2 of 8

jonsie
Level 94: Supreme
  • 93253 Posts
  • 609 Topics
  • 6984 Solutions

Anonymous
Not applicable

Thanks @jonsie -  I am not saying version 7 is bad - just that such "improvements" as there may be are hardly worth the effort and removal of the accounts menu from the start up position is a retrograde step (in my view, but hey who cares what a 70 year old thinks! Gotta grump about something.  Smiley LOL)

Message 4 of 8

Cleoriff
  • 123323 Posts
  • 826 Topics
  • 7473 Solutions

Personally what I really dislike about the so called improvements......is never being informed that they are about to happen. You find them purely by chance...and think there is something wrong:smileysad:

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 5 of 8

Anonymous
Not applicable
I only find out about them when the app updates on my home screen
Message 6 of 8

Anonymous
Not applicable

@Cleoriff wrote:

Personally what I really dislike about the so called improvements......is never being informed that they are about to happen. You find them purely by chance...and think there is something wrong:smileysad:

That is interesting.  I get (frequent) notifications that X number of updates are available and then I can decide on an app by app basis which to accept.  There are "Auto-update" and Notification settings in Play Store so there is need to finding updates by chance alone.

Message 7 of 8

Cleoriff
  • 123323 Posts
  • 826 Topics
  • 7473 Solutions

You probably use apps far more frequently than me Gerry. I am all for progress.....but also of the opinion 'if it ain't broke it doesn't need fixing' wink

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 8 of 8