Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Out-of-date webpages on O2 - O2 Ts&Cs still contain references to "O2 Home"

pgn
Level 74: Whizz kid
  • 35220 Posts
  • 224 Topics
  • 1558 Solutions

Another section of the website that references a discontinued service, @Marjo, @Martin-O2 and @EmilieT:

https://www.o2.co.uk/termsandconditions/privacy-policy

Your smartphone might also have a Global Positioning System (GPS) location, that's used by your phone and certain apps. It's more accurate than network location alone, because it uses satellites. If you're using some of our apps, like Priority Moments, or apps connected to O2 Home we, or our partners, might collect some of your GPS location information.

• Look at markets, write reports or carry out research and number crunching. And, if the law allows it, look at information about you (including the calls you make, your spending, what you use the internet for and where you are when you do it). In the case of O2 Home, this includes things like the settings on your O2 Home equipment and when your O2 Home sensors are triggered.

O2 Home customers should log in to My Account.

O2 Home customers can opt out by calling us on 0344 499 0202.  We’re open Mon-Sat, 8am-7pm. Calls to this number are charged at standard UK rates.

O2 Home

If you have O2 Home we will collect information from O2 Home devices like contact sensors, motion detectors and other sensor information. The information is used to send service notifications to you and other users you have nominated to use your O2 Home account.

If you have cameras installed with O2 Home, the video clips and stills you choose to store will be encrypted and uploaded for storage on cloud servers where only you, or the users you have nominated can access it. We may however have information on how much cloud storage space you’ve used and when you’ve uploaded data.

Message 1 of 18
17 REPLIES 17

jonsie
Level 94: Supreme
  • 92921 Posts
  • 608 Topics
  • 6913 Solutions

The great overseer of website links is in the Bahamas where there is limited coverage and wifi. In fact he has emigrated around 10 years ago when all was well.....

Message 3 of 18

pgn
  • 35220 Posts
  • 224 Topics
  • 1558 Solutions

@jonsie wrote:

The great overseer of website links is in the Bahamas where there is limited coverage and wifi. In fact he has emigrated around 10 years ago when all was well.....

Times change, eh? Given the opportunity, I'd whisk off to the Bahamas too yahoo

So no point reporting out-of-date pages any more here, you reckon? triumph

bahamas.jpg

Message 4 of 18

jonsie
  • 92921 Posts
  • 608 Topics
  • 6913 Solutions

All the older members will recall the special Report Website Links thread a few years back. All a complete waste of time. The big problem is that in true O2 fashion, the website was redesigned around 6 or 7, maybe longer, years ago but only certain sections and the old website was, and still is, accessible. We all long since gave up reporting links.

Message 5 of 18

Cleoriff
  • 122366 Posts
  • 824 Topics
  • 7457 Solutions

I reported on Friday that O2 Ask still isn't showing in the APP section and TU still is...:smileysad:

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 6 of 18

pgn
  • 35220 Posts
  • 224 Topics
  • 1558 Solutions

Yep, there it is, in the red box below, @Cleoriff...

Also I wonder if anyone here's likely to win the Big Tech Bundle they have plastered all over the O2 website (you can see it in the picture below as well, I have registered for it at least a gazillion times over the last few months, at a conservative estimate..lying.!)

20**Personal info** 18_17_39-O2 _ Apps _ Get O2 and Recommended Apps for your Smartphone.png

Message 7 of 18

Cleoriff
  • 122366 Posts
  • 824 Topics
  • 7457 Solutions

That's exactly the picture I downloaded @pgn (though without your fancy artwork....) wink

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 8 of 18

darrengf
Level 28: Ingenious
  • 2080 Posts
  • 60 Topics
  • 48 Solutions

That’s funny as I even reported the pages over a month ago as well.

The terms and condition page for me was pointing to a older version which as you no shouldn’t do that.  That one is corrected now. Well it’s pointing to the new one at least, but as you pointed out, the others aren’t.

I would have thought there would be a team all the time checking and browsing the o2 sites making sure everything is correct and up to date. 

Need Help, Just ask. We are one big Family here in the o2 Forum.
Use iPhone XS Max dual sim, SE, Honor 10, IPad Pro 11, Apple Watch 4 LTE, 100+ Mpbs Barrier and a Record Player.

Message 9 of 18

Cleoriff
  • 122366 Posts
  • 824 Topics
  • 7457 Solutions

@darrengf wrote:

I would have thought there would be a team all the time checking and browsing the o2 sites making sure everything is correct and up to date. 

Oh come on @darrengf...a dedicated team checking? I love your positive attitude....LOL

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 10 of 18