cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Who got an Iphone on launch day poll

Anonymous
Not applicable
Just a little survey because im curious how many of us actually managed to get our hands on one and how.

If you queued how long did you queue for? What number were you in the queue and how long did the queue get?
Message 1 of 15
14 REPLIES 14

Anonymous
Not applicable
I queued from 7.30am to 11am, there was about 30 people in the queue when I got there and ended up being about 100 people long altogether. The store were only letting 6 people in at a time and as I got closer an O2 peep came out (around 10am) and said they only had 4 32GB's left, 20 16GB's and loads of 3GS's. Out of the half dozen people or so in front of me only 1 wanted a 32GB so thought I was in with a chance, but there were already 6 people in the store gettin there hands on em. I managed to get to the door and waited about 10 minutes. The O2 peep opened up and announced that they'd just sold the last 32GB!!! I was not happy, I came so close.

The queue for the Vodafone store next door but one only had 3 people in it and they were in and out within about 15 minutes and 1 guy even left the O2 queue to go and join the Vodafone queue. Apparently the Vodafone store only had about 4 iPhones in though.
Message 2 of 15

Anonymous
Not applicable
So did you get a 16gb one? I had made up my mind this morning that if they didn't have 32gb's i would just go for a 16gb and be more careful with my memory, luckily enough i got a 32gb anyway but as i was leaving the store they announced they'd ran out.
I got to my local o2 store at the back of 5 and was out of the shop with my phone at around 8.55am. The queue was really long though i'd say about maybe 80 people long in the end. The guy in the shop told me they had about 40 phones, 14 32s and 26 16s or something. The vodafone and orange shop in the same street didn't really have any queues but they only had 3 phones each!
Message 3 of 15

Anonymous
Not applicable
Naa didn't get a 16GB, if I had a seperate iPod with a large capacity then maybe I would, but my iPhone is my primary device for everything so I need the space, plus it's gotta last me the next 12 months minimum. I'm prepared to wait though, gonna try calling Phones4U again tomorrow coz they said they have them in stock, but couldn't take payment as the team that does that only works 9-6, so fingers crossed.
Message 4 of 15

Anonymous
Not applicable
Ah right, i use my ipod classic for my whole music collection so there wouldn't be enough memory to use my iphone for that anyway. This is the first Iphone i've ever had and i don't have a clue what to do with it! When i ask people they just say 'oh you can do everything!' haha.
Message 5 of 15

Anonymous
Not applicable
I clicked the I got one, but had to queue. But I didn't, I phoned up O2 and someone helpful on the other end ordered me one and said it would be delivered tomorrow or monday slight_smile
Message 6 of 15

browni
Level 21: Regular
  • 2241 Posts
  • 35 Topics
  • 10 Solutions
Why not add a 5th option.

Who gives a ****.
#siwy
Message 7 of 15

perksie
Level 69: Guiding Light
  • 27019 Posts
  • 247 Topics
  • 1614 Solutions
Why not add a 5th option.
Who gives a ****.

What he said!! 😐
To support Disasters Emergency Committee: http://www.dec.org.uk/appeals text Nepal to 70000 to send £5

Sky Unlimited Broadband - Windows 10 - Nexus 4 Android 5.1.1
Message 8 of 15

Anonymous
Not applicable
Well I've got mine!!! Yaeeeaahhh!

I have to say the staff were brill!

I got there at 6am and I was 11th in the queue, by about 7:30 there were around 60 people, the staff came out and went down the line asking if we wanted 32Gb or 16Gb,gave us a ticket for which one we wanted and when they got about 3/4 down the line they said that's the lot allocated, you can wait in case someone up the line doesn't go through with it if you want but thats all we have got.

The back of the queue then all went over to phones4u where there was no queue.

8:00 (two mins early!!!) they opened the doors and took the first three people in. I got in about 8:30 and was out the door phone in hand by 8:39!!!

A Lot lot lot better than the 3G launch, well done all at W/X store!!!
Message 9 of 15

Anonymous
Not applicable
Both myself and wife went to our local store, after an hour manager came out and said "all phones gone" he was a really nice guy and i feel he felt really bad about not being able to give all in the line one. So we came home and on the off chance i rang o2 10 mins later 2 phones sorted and on the way.

Just had knock on the door they have arrived! grin grin
Message 10 of 15