cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Who got an Iphone on launch day poll

Anonymous
Not applicable
Just a little survey because im curious how many of us actually managed to get our hands on one and how.

If you queued how long did you queue for? What number were you in the queue and how long did the queue get?
Message 1 of 15
14 REPLIES 14

Anonymous
Not applicable
Why not add a 5th option.
Who gives a ****.

If you didn't give a **** why would you open the thread??
Message 11 of 15

Anonymous
Not applicable
Both myself and wife went to our local store, after an hour manager came out and said "all phones gone" he was a really nice guy and i feel he felt really bad about not being able to give all in the line one. So we came home and on the off chance i rang o2 10 mins later 2 phones sorted and on the way.

Just had knock on the door they have arrived! grin grin

I thought we couldn't order by phone? Was this an early upgrade?
Message 12 of 15

Anonymous
Not applicable
Both myself and wife went to our local store, after an hour manager came out and said "all phones gone" he was a really nice guy and i feel he felt really bad about not being able to give all in the line one. So we came home and on the off chance i rang o2 10 mins later 2 phones sorted and on the way.

Just had knock on the door they have arrived! grin grin

I thought we couldn't order by phone? Was this an early upgrade?

yea paid 20 pounds each to upgrade. The guy on the phone said they had been upgrading all day.
Message 13 of 15

Anonymous
Not applicable
Queued at local Woolwich store from 6.30, was about 10-12 people in front, luckily the open at 8.02 so not a very long wait, they came out with tickets for 16 and 32gb, not many 32's, i got one of the last 3 but also wanted a 16gb but they did not really want to give me two and considering people were going to go home empty handed at the back i just took the 32 and will order the other one over the phone for later.
Message 14 of 15

Anonymous
Not applicable
Was there outside at 0515, 3rd in line, met a few nice people, by around 0630, queue of about 50, by the time the door opened, queue of around 60. 4 People at a time in the shop, I was out the door by 0820, and sat having a coffee watching the queue grow. I left around 0900, the guy in first place had to wait (problem getting into the business area of calls), he phoned and said 10 minutes after I left the manager came out to tell people no more phones and a few kicked off about it.

I have to say though, the young lady that served me, very patient indeed, my first Iphone and she was quite happy to sort all the setup and number swap for me, so well done to that store!!
Message 15 of 15