cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

What should I do?!

Anonymous
Not applicable

Okay, I know this question may have been asked before but so far any legwork hasn't found an answer to this. Basically, I own an old HTC Wildfire S that doesn't cut it anymore, so I'm looking for a new phone. I also own a iPod touch which is also in need of replacement, and an iPod nano which is old but is still running strong.

My problem is that I've played about with my friend's HTC One and I love it, there are a couple of things about it which need improvement but I'm hoping they will fix these when the HTC One Plus comes out (which is the phone I was hoping to get in the future). However, seen as I've owned the iPoc Touch which is very similar to an iPhone, I've learned that I'm not as fond of the actual devices like the iPod or iPhone but I love it's set up like iTunes and App Store etc which I find is superior to google play, especially as it has more apps to get your hands on.

So this is my question, do I buy a HTC One, or an iPhone, or HTC One and and iPod Touch, or just a HTC One full stop and forget about iTunes etc? Someone bring me closure!

Message 1 of 15
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Anonymous
Not applicable

@MI5 wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

@MI5 chooses heads and I choose tails when it comes to hardware and software choices on phones, and we have shared a many good humoured exchanges on the very subject.

and we always will, but you're still wrong !! LOL

Hahahahahaha LOLLOL

I'd just switch over to the HTC all together, no need to have a seperate device for music when your HTC will play perfectly well. In terms of apps, I work with a lot of Apple users and we all get into the same apps and games and I'm yet to not be able to download the same app as them on Android. It did used to be the case that companies only focused on iOS, but as Android outsells it they have learnt they have release apps across platforms.

Message 6 of 15
14 REPLIES 14

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi,

What a conundrum !

Crazy

Well as you cannot mix and match the hardware and software with each other your going to have to choose, unless of course you have the disposable income to purchase them all !

I'd suggest you go to your local high street shops and have a go with working demo models and have a think about them all to which best suites your wants and needs.

Youtube tutorial are there to watch and their are lots of comparison sites and Vs type threads.

Only you can choose I'm afraid.

For me I use an iPhone 5s, iPod Touch 1st generation, and a MBA.

Enjoy the journey.

Message 2 of 15

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 149132 Posts
  • 641 Topics
  • 28467 Solutions
What do you think is missing from Google play that you can get on iTunes?
As is well known on here I have always had android and never wanted for anything or thought "gosh I'm jealous of that iPhone app", ever.
All my music, books, magazines, films etc are sync'd to Google and available anywhere to me on any device I use (even my wife's iPhone) and with the far superior hardware available there is only one choice to make - HTC One all the way slight_smile
ps there are ways to get your iTunes music into Google too but that is best discussed in private, as Apples license terms means you don't actually own any of that music you have purchased..... wink
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.
Please select the post that helped you best and mark as the solution. This helps other members in resolving their issues faster. Thank you.
Message 3 of 15

Anonymous
Not applicable

@MI5 wrote:
What do you think is missing from Google play that you can get on iTunes?
As is well known on here I have always had android and never wanted for anything or thought "gosh I'm jealous of that iPhone app", ever.
All my music, books, magazines, films etc are sync'd to Google and available anywhere to me on any device I use (even my wife's iPhone) and with the far superior hardware available there is only one choice to make - HTC One all the way slight_smile
ps there are ways to get your iTunes music into Google too but that is best discussed in private, as Apples license terms means you don't actually own any of that music you have purchased..... wink

@MI5 chooses heads and I choose tails when it comes to hardware and software choices on phones, and we have shared a many good humoured exchanges on the very subject.

We both have been lucky enough to test review phones for O2 to which I have had the experience of using a Sony Xperia Z and a HTC One Mini, and to be honest found Google Play to be on par with Apples App Store.

Both contain some good Apps and dross alike.

I don't think I will move from Apples iPhones as I prefer their hardware and software and as importantly Apples take on Customer Service.

Hug

Message 4 of 15

MI5
  • 149132 Posts
  • 641 Topics
  • 28467 Solutions

@Anonymous wrote:

I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.
Please select the post that helped you best and mark as the solution. This helps other members in resolving their issues faster. Thank you.
Message 5 of 15

Anonymous
Not applicable

@MI5 wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

Hahahahahaha LOLLOL

I'd just switch over to the HTC all together, no need to have a seperate device for music when your HTC will play perfectly well. In terms of apps, I work with a lot of Apple users and we all get into the same apps and games and I'm yet to not be able to download the same app as them on Android. It did used to be the case that companies only focused on iOS, but as Android outsells it they have learnt they have release apps across platforms.

Message 6 of 15

Anonymous
Not applicable
Thanks guys, its helped my thinking a lot if iTunes isn't anything superior! I'll have to wait a bit before I can have a play about and truly say I want one, but the HTC One Plus looks like it might be for me!
Message 7 of 15

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi @Anonymous 

You're more than welcome.

What's important here is to not let anyone influence your decision.

Enjoy the journey.

Cheers

Message 8 of 15

jonsie
  • 93943 Posts
  • 610 Topics
  • 7017 Solutions

Bambino
Level 85: Esteemed
  • 23953 Posts
  • 1045 Topics
  • 3770 Solutions

The HTC One Plus, or whatever it's going to be called, will be launched in London on March 25. When you'll actually be able to get your hands on one is another question. The Samsung S5, which will undoubtedly be its biggest rival, will probably be available sooner, so it might be worth looking into that as well.

http://www.pcadvisor.co.uk/news/mobile-phone/3502531/htc-one-2-m8-release-date-price-specs-features/

http://www.pcpro.co.uk/news/386446/samsung-galaxy-s5-release-date-specs-features-what-we-know

I DO NOT WORK FOR O2

Funniest-Thread-2
Message 10 of 15