Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Wait times

Davidjn
Level 1: Joiner
  • 2 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

I have been on hold to customer services for 2 hours 45 min so far on this call 2 hours on my previous call. What's going on this is unacceptable. All I want to do is make an insurance claim. How long does it take to get through. A year ago it was less then 10 min wait on average now over an hour every time I call. 

Message 1 of 8
7 REPLIES 7

gmarkj
Level 66: Unequalled
  • 12073 Posts
  • 94 Topics
  • 1124 Solutions

Customer service levels have dropped since the joint venture with VM, and the influx of Virgin Mobile customers won't have helped @Davidjn 

We recommend calling just after 8am when the lines open.

Is using social media not an option?

Guide: How to find help & contact O2 

Please note, this is not customer services and we cannot access your account. Do not publish personal details (email, phone number, bank account).

Link to our guide on how to contact them can be found here

Message 2 of 8

Davidjn
  • 2 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

I called at 8am spent 2.hours on hold got disconnected as much signal dropped. Then I called back now it's been 3 hours 15 min on hold that's 5 hours so far today. 

Message 3 of 8

Jay1972211
  • 10 Posts
  • 2 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Took me 55 minutes earlier, that was just before 12

Message 4 of 8

Roms
  • 3 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Going through the same thing right now!

the worst thing is I called them up last month to cancel a pay as you go pocket hotspot sim and the lady on the phone said she’d cancelled it. However I just looked at my bank statement and they’ve clearly not cancelled it and have taken money out again yesterday! How is this fair??

Message 5 of 8

Oxonian
Level 28: Ingenious
  • 5688 Posts
  • 98 Topics
  • 21 Solutions

@Davidjn 

@Jay1972211 

@Roms 

I suggest that you contact O2 via social media, which will potentially save you a lot of hanging on the 'phone. The social media team are well thought of, although you might need to remind them once or twice.

The contact details have already been provided by @gmarkj above and are also in :-

Guide: How to find help & contact O2 

Message 6 of 8

Jay1972211
  • 10 Posts
  • 2 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

I had my problem sorted on the phone. No luck with social media, waste of time that was, hopefully others will have better luck. 3 days and several messages and no reply apart from an automated one.

Message 7 of 8

Oxonian
Level 28: Ingenious
  • 5688 Posts
  • 98 Topics
  • 21 Solutions

At least @Jay1972211, your issue has now been resolved. 👍

Sorry social media didn't work for you, reports of using it are often positive.  

Message 8 of 8