Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Volted - lack of data signal since swap

Javery
Level 1: Joiner
  • 2 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

I'm a virgin media customer who was recently volted. Ever since my mobile package was switched to O2, I've noticed that my 4G/5G signal is drastically worse. My hotspot also is no longer functioning. Has anyone else experienced anything similar? Can O2 replace my sim? Thanks in advance

edit: I realise this is a customer community, mainly wondering if anyone has experienced the same signal/hotspot issue

Message 1 of 4
3 REPLIES 3

madasaf1sh
Level 76: Forum Legend
  • 10229 Posts
  • 55 Topics
  • 3014 Solutions

@Javery 

Should be no different, as you have been on o2 for at least 6 months. 

It might be worth checking your APN is set to mobile.o2.co.uk and do a network reset.

If you need a new sim, it will be quicker to pop into an o2 shop with photo ID and get them to do a sim swap, or you can ring o2 on 202 from your o2 phone, and then wait 3-5 days and they will probably disconnect your current sim until it arrives.

- Xperia 1V - o2 and Spusu
- Pixel 8 Pro - o2 and Vodafone UK
Message 2 of 4

Javery
  • 2 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Hey, thanks for replying! I'll do the reset and see if it helps. Thanks slight_smile

Message 3 of 4

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 144656 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27730 Solutions

@Javery 

If you have an iPhone, a not working hotspot means you don't have iDate enabled on your account, therefore you need to ask O2 to apply the bolt on for you.

You will also need to use idata.o2.co.uk as your apn as hotspot won't work if using mobile.o2.co.uk

I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 4 of 4