Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Voicemail

General17
Level 1: Joiner
  • 8 Posts
  • 4 Topics
  • 0 Solutions
Since moving into my property in June 2019 I have been unable to get network coverage. I'm a single parent with two children under 15 recently on benefits. I pay over £85 per month for our three contracts but unable to get a signal in my apartment. I am unable to get in touch with my children when they finish school and unable to receive calls once at home.

I bought a boost box to see if that would help and O2 would not connect it as I am not a business customer. I have phoned every month since June 2019 and all I am told is O2 do not guarantee a 100% coverage. O2 have offered no other help even though I have been a customer for over 8 years.
As unbelievable as it seems O2 are so incompetent they cannot even turn my voicemail off. They have sent me two new Sims to see if that would rectify the problem and it didn't. Engineers have promised to switch my voicemail off to no avail.

I have been totally let down and have had no help. My last call I was told to post on this community. I spoke to Muhammad at O2 customer services he was a manager. My latest case reference number is 1136946831 and I spoke at 6.30pm on Thursday evening. The latest excuse is they cannot do anything because of covid-19 even though my problems have been going on since June 2019 before the onset of covid.

I have nowhere else to turn, both myself and two children are unable to make or receive calls from my apartment, I'm paying over £85 a month with no service and no redress.

This massive company has abandoned me me totally.

Can anybody help ?
Message 1 of 5
4 REPLIES 4

General17
  • 8 Posts
  • 4 Topics
  • 0 Solutions
Need help
Message 2 of 5

General17
  • 8 Posts
  • 4 Topics
  • 0 Solutions
Since moving into my property in June 2019 I have been unable to get network coverage. I'm a single parent with two children under 15 recently on benefits. I pay over £85 per month for our three contracts but unable to get a signal in my apartment. I am unable to get in touch with my children when they finish school and unable to receive calls once at home.

I bought a boost box to see if that would help and O2 would not connect it as I am not a business customer. I have phoned every month since June 2019 and all I am told is O2 do not guarantee a 100% coverage. O2 have offered no other help even though I have been a customer for over 8 years.
As unbelievable as it seems O2 are so incompetent they cannot even turn my voicemail off. They have sent me two new Sims to see if that would rectify the problem and it didn't. Engineers have promised to switch my voicemail off to no avail.

I have been totally let down and have had no help. My last call I was told to post on this community. I spoke to Muhammad at O2 customer services he was a manager. My latest case reference number is 1136946831 and I spoke at 6.30pm on Thursday evening. The latest excuse is they cannot do anything because of covid-19 even though my problems have been going on since June 2019 before the onset of covid.

I have nowhere else to turn, both myself and two children are unable to make or receive calls from my apartment, I'm paying over £85 a month with no service and no redress.

This massive company has abandoned me me totally.

Can anybody help ?
Message 3 of 5

Cleoriff
  • 122347 Posts
  • 824 Topics
  • 7457 Solutions

@General17 

I'm not sure what anyone can do here? Your problems started when you moved house and it's obvious that O2 isn't the network for you. They don't guarantee 100% coverage in every area.

Have any of your phones got Wifi Calling?  https://www.o2.co.uk/connectivity/wifi-and-4g-calling 

If not, then the only answer is to try a few PAYG sims from other networks and see if they work.

If so, it seems you may have to change networks?

Not what you want to hear, but possibly the only solution.

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 4 of 5

General17
  • 8 Posts
  • 4 Topics
  • 0 Solutions
Thank you for your reply and trying to help. unfortunately even though I can get no network with O2 they are still taking the full amount off me over £85 a month. They will do nothing and quote "we don't guarantee 100% coverage" mantra. I cannot afford to go with another network as well. So both me and the kids are absolutely stuck paying for a service we don't receive.
Thanks for trying to help anyway.
Message 5 of 5