Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Viewing Texts Online

d3779a
Level 1: Joiner
  • 3 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Does anyone else feel that 02 should allows customers to view texts messages online in MY O2 ?

Message 1 of 7
6 REPLIES 6

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 143435 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27490 Solutions

Never had the need to myself and it wouldn't be particularly secure if someone else had your login details or if you shared accounts with other family members.

I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 2 of 7

d3779a
  • 3 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

It was a nice option to have back in the 2000's, though was removed somewhere around 2011/2012. Quite handy, if something was wrong with your phone, such as a  dead battery or O2  are having network / mast problems (as in recent times).

Although, this was before 3G/4G/5G speeds became available, it was great as it allowed you to send and view your SMS / text messages online, just by having a connection.

I would be susprised if a company such as O2 could not provide a SECURE facility like this AGAIN.

Message 3 of 7

MI5
  • 143435 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27490 Solutions
Yes I do recall that facility but I can’t see it ever being reintroduced.
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 4 of 7

jonsie
  • 92919 Posts
  • 608 Topics
  • 6913 Solutions

They could still provide this but given their track record of ending such useful apps as TU and O2 Ask which did allow this service, I can't see them doing it. There is no real reason why this can't be an addition to My O2.

Message 5 of 7

d3779a
  • 3 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

TU and O2 ASK, what were those apps like?

Message 6 of 7

jonsie
  • 92919 Posts
  • 608 Topics
  • 6913 Solutions

TU was an app which allowed you to make calls and send texts over wifi and was particularly helpful outside the EU whereby you could use your allowances.

O2 Ask duplicated My O2 but also enabled you to view texts and I think to also send texts although I can't be sure o sending as I never used it.

https://community.o2.co.uk/t5/Other-Products-and-Services/O2-Ask-mini-review/m-p/1110941/highlight/t...

https://community.o2.co.uk/t5/Other-Products-and-Services/A-brief-overview-of-Tu-previously-TuGo/m-p...

Message 7 of 7