Did you mean: 

Upgrades

JWN
Level 1: Joiner
  • 4 Posts
  • 2 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Hello,

How come when you used to be able to upgrade, you would receive a good offer for the amount of time you have been with o2, now its only new customers who get the good deals for upgrades and customer that have been with you since BT Celnet days are told you receive priority moments which amount to 0

Thanks

Joe

Message 1 of 6
5 REPLIES 5

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 143422 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27489 Solutions

Hi @JWN there are no special deals anymore for either new or existing customers.

O2's policy is the same deal for all.

However, if you call 202 and choose the option "I'm thinking of leaving" the retentions team do have some deals they can offer.

I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 2 of 6

JWN
  • 4 Posts
  • 2 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

This is really poor for customers that have been with a company over 20 years and have brought friends and family to o2

Message 3 of 6

Bambino
Level 84: Resplendent
  • 22941 Posts
  • 1022 Topics
  • 3662 Solutions

@JWN  O2 stopped rewarding customers for their loyalty quite a few years ago now. They say it's to give everyone the same deal, and not to exclude anyone. You can try and squeeze a deal out if you say you're leaving, or, barring that, you can voice your displeasure by really leaving. Before you do that, make sure the network you plan on switching to gives you the same or better coverage than you have now. No point going if you don't have that no matter what the deal is.

I DO NOT WORK FOR O2

Funniest-Thread-2
Message 4 of 6

gmarkj
Level 66: Unequalled
  • 11995 Posts
  • 94 Topics
  • 1120 Solutions
You can also look to upgrade or take out a new contract using a 3rd party.
If you go this route remember there are some "perks" of being with o2 directly (refresh and some of their discounts like family or students for example) that you will miss out on.

Please note, this is not customer services and we cannot access your account. Do not publish personal details (email, phone number, bank account).

Link to our guide on how to contact them can be found here

Message 5 of 6

JWN
  • 4 Posts
  • 2 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

i dot see there as being any perks at all refresh - the ebst is to wither buy phone out right and have a sim only plan with carrier, theres no loyalty from o2 when you can go to vodafone or ee or the other non main carriers

Message 6 of 6