cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Unblocking

Anonymous
Not applicable
I have a Nokia 2720 which was on a Pay and Go contract with O2, but not used for 10 months now. Would now like to use the phone on another network, but it will need unblocking first. Is it right I have to top up £15 to cover cost? Where can I do this?
Can anybody give me a walkthrough on how to sort this out, where to go etc. Thanks
Message 1 of 5
4 REPLIES 4

Anonymous
Not applicable
Yes, you are correct, for O2 PAYG handsets, you will need at least £15 credit on your account for O2 to unlock it. Once you have topped-up fill this online form in.
Message 2 of 5

Anonymous
Not applicable
Hi. Thanks for the response
I made sure there was £15 credit, filled out the form to contact o2 and got the unlock code and input proceedure. This I then followed but it didn't work- got the message: "Cannot undo restriction"
Contacted o2 who told me to verify the IMEI and to try again as this was the correct code for this IMEI number. Did so but with the same result
Awaiting o2's further response
Am a bit concerned that previous attempts to unlock using codes obtained elsewhere may be causing a problem- is this possible?
Is there anything else I can try as I would really like to use this phone
Thanks
Message 3 of 5

perksie
Level 69: Guiding Light
  • 27019 Posts
  • 247 Topics
  • 1614 Solutions
On PAYG they normally reclaim the number if it's not used for 6 months, are you sure it's working?
Try and make at least one chargeable call, and then have £15 available.
To support Disasters Emergency Committee: http://www.dec.org.uk/appeals text Nepal to 70000 to send £5

Sky Unlimited Broadband - Windows 10 - Nexus 4 Android 5.1.1
Message 4 of 5

Anonymous
Not applicable
Hi
Problem surely is not with the credit (given they have swallowed my £15) or the sim card. In order to get round the phone not having been used for so long, I got a new PAYG SIM only from O2, activated it and added the credit. This number was recognised fine- received all the relevant top-up texts etc.
The unblocking surely involves the IMEI number, which has been correctly identified.
Or am I completely wrong on this ??
Maybe the current number not being the original with this handset is resulting in a wrong unlock code ??
O2 are re-checking the code they have given me against make, model and IMEI- we shall see what they come up with
Am starting to think its going to prove impossible to unlock this phone- its certainly taken a lot of hassle to get to this point
Message 5 of 5