cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Unauthorised account with O2

Anonymous
Not applicable
July 27th 2015 I bought an iPhone from Carphone Warehouse online on a 24 month contract with O2 , using my Barclays current account, happy and all fine.... Forward to 9th December 2015 I arrive home and there was delivery of an IPhone same model as one I bought in July , the invoice said Carphone warehouse on it so I phoned to ask why on earth they'd sent a phone , and they said they hadn't and the only phone they'd sent was the one in July 2015 ,, I left the phone unopened , a few weeks later I received an email from O2 saying Thankyou for joining O2 and my next step was to activate the phone and money would start being taken from my account on a certain date .. I phoned 02 to tell them that I had not prefers or paid for this second phone and didn't know where it had come from as CPW had said it wasn't from them . O2 said it definitely was , I made phone call after phone call to both O2 and CPW over weeks and weeks , eventually CPW said it was their error and apologised after taking the complaint higher , they said they'd arrange for phone to be collected and that would be the end of it ..... I then had demands from O2 for non payments of dd , I had to go through the whole story again .. It all went quiet until a few weeks ago I had a letter from Lowells demanding £556 !! ... I explained situation they said they'll give me 30 days to investigate ,, they sent a letter saying that I'm liable as all the details eg my address , bank details match to the O2 account, which of course they would , and that my credit rating is affected and I will pay more costs of I don't start paying... What the hell do I do ?? I can prove by my bank statements there was no second purchase fur a phone other than that where do u stand against Lowells in proving I never opened a second account ????
Message 1 of 13
12 REPLIES 12

Anonymous
Not applicable
In the endCPW accepted it was an error, apologised , and would cancel any money owing and arrange a courier yo pick up the phone , neither happened
Message 11 of 13

gindygoo
Level 25: Hard Hitter
  • 1340 Posts
  • 59 Topics
  • 27 Solutions

@Anonymous

It all sounds so very stressful, and quite worrying as well.

Maybe you might benefit from getting in touch with the fraud team. Although I'm not sure if you can actually initiate a call to them or if they get referred to you by O2 customer service.

@MI5 might be able to advise on whether it's (A) a good idea and (B) how to go about it.

Also you should pm @Toby as he's requested as there'll be sensitive info he will need that can't be given on the open forum (remember we're just customers like yourself) that just anyone can see.

Keep us updated though as to how things pan out.

Edited: to delete random words that were added Bang

Message 12 of 13

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 145869 Posts
  • 636 Topics
  • 28086 Solutions
CS will have already passed it on to to the fraud team as a matter of course.
As a customer, you can't contact them directly, however, they may choose to contact the customer.
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>
Message 13 of 13