Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Unable to connect to networks when roaming

M-Gul
Level 1: Joiner
  • 3 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

For the past 4 years or so, I've never been able to connect to a network when abroad. 

This has been different devices,  a different contract type (sim only to pay monthly with device) and even a new physical sim.

My current device has given the most useful error message so far which is "Your SIM card does not allow a connection to this network". 

This implies there is some restriction on my actual sim, but every time I call O2 or go into a store, they tell me my account looks fine and there are no blocks on it.

I absolutely don't want to change my phone number but I feel like that's where the problem is. 

I also don't want to switch away from O2 if I can help it because of the free roaming (oh the irony).

Has anyone come across this before? Would be helpful if I could direct O2 as to where they should be looking on my account!

Message 1 of 5
4 REPLIES 4

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 149914 Posts
  • 641 Topics
  • 28555 Solutions

@M-Gul 

Have you tried manually searching for different networks to try.

Often the ones that say forbidden actually work the best.

I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.
Please select the post that helped you best and mark as the solution. This helps other members in resolving their issues faster. Thank you.
Message 2 of 5

M-Gul
  • 3 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Yes I can't force a network connection either.  None are available to connect to

Message 3 of 5

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 149914 Posts
  • 641 Topics
  • 28555 Solutions

@M-Gul 

If you can'tr resolve it with O2, Vodafone offer the same EU roaming as O2, ie free up to 25gb per month.

I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.
Please select the post that helped you best and mark as the solution. This helps other members in resolving their issues faster. Thank you.
Message 4 of 5

M-Gul
  • 3 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Good to know - thanks!

Message 5 of 5