Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Transfer of mobile account from VM to O2

KeithD34
Level 1: Joiner
  • 1 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

As part of a VMedia bundle deal, some years ago, I accepted a mobile sim to reduce the overall cost of the bundle. Seemed like a harmless thing to do. Then when VM and O2, merged, the direct debit by VMobile was transferred to O2. I already had two accounts with O2 and had never used the VMobile sim. Somew I am paying O2 for three accounts. Unfortunately, someone at VMobile misspelt my surname. Hence, no link between accounts.  All O2 can do is send a code/link to an unused sim, which was never installed in a phone, for me to gain access to 'MyO2'.  My experience of using 202 is totally unacceptable.  Just like many of the threads in this community, I have been on hold for hours.  Next stop an O2 shop.  To get my bank to just cancel the direct debit requires me to fill in forms which can only be posted to me.

Message 1 of 4
3 REPLIES 3

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 144586 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27728 Solutions

@KeithD34 

You can cancel the DD with your bank yourself but it's not advisable as O2 will sell on the debt and you will get hounded by debt collectors and get a negative credit score.

How to cancel guides here Guide: Cancelling Your Contract 

I suggest you do it correctly, no matter how difficult it is.

I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 2 of 4

jonsie
Level 94: Supreme
  • 93252 Posts
  • 609 Topics
  • 6984 Solutions

Any of the online banks allow you to cancel direct debits but it would be foolish to do so without sorting the account out with O2

Message 3 of 4

Oxonian
Level 28: Ingenious
  • 5868 Posts
  • 101 Topics
  • 22 Solutions

@KeithD34 wrote:

Next stop an O2 shop. 

I could be wrong @KeithD34 but I am not sure that an O2 retail store will be able to resolve that problem. 

However, if you decide to give them a try anyway, please ensure that you take photographic identification (photo ID) with you. 

Good luck. 👍 

Message 4 of 4