cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Why does it take so long for customer services to answer??

ra5
Level 1: Joiner
  • 4 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

I fell behind on my bill and made an arrangement to make the payment yesterday. Then I tried to call yesterday and spent over 5- 6 hours on the phone waiting for someone to answer the phone, that is just unacceptable!!!! Is it just me having issues or do they expect all their customers to wait hours to even speak with someone. I have tried 5 different numbers and they all take over an hour to answer and I dont have all day to sit and wait for an answer. Why do they make it so hard and after this I will pay my contracts off early and move to a better provider of customer service. There is no option for a call back !!!!

Message 1 of 8
7 REPLIES 7

Bambino
Level 85: Esteemed
  • 23533 Posts
  • 1035 Topics
  • 3747 Solutions

@ra5 If you want to avoid issues like this, set up a Direct Debit: How can I pay my bill? (o2.co.uk)

If you want to pay off your contract early see this: Cancelling your contract - An updated guide - O2 Community

If you need to pay a late bill, you need to speak to the Payment Management Team on 0800 902 0217.

The opening times are:

Monday to Friday – 8am to 8pm

Saturday – 8am to 6pm
Sunday – 9am to 6pm

https://www.o2.co.uk/help/account-and-billing/payment-support

I DO NOT WORK FOR O2

Funniest-Thread-2
Message 2 of 8

ra5
  • 4 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

there was a direct debit set up and i am phoning to pay the bill and set up another direct debit. What I am trying to work out is if any other customers get treated this poorly as it is not acceptable to make customers wait hours on the phone to no avail and not give a time frame or the option of a call back. I have tried the above number and I will be taking my complaint further with screenshots to prove the length of time i have spent waiting for an answer !

Message 3 of 8

Bambino
Level 85: Esteemed
  • 23533 Posts
  • 1035 Topics
  • 3747 Solutions

@ra5 If you want to lodge a formal complaint see this: How to Complain | Help | O2

We understand it's taking around 8 weeks for a response.

I DO NOT WORK FOR O2

Funniest-Thread-2
Message 4 of 8

ra5
  • 4 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

I will be lodging a complaint as it is unacceptable to wait that length of time to get an answer and if they are busy this should be communicated with customers 

Message 5 of 8

Oxonian
Level 31: Resolver
  • 7567 Posts
  • 143 Topics
  • 25 Solutions

@ra5

You say that you have tried O2 on five different numbers. Did any of those open the call with a recorded message saying "...we're really busy now" ?

I agree with you when you say that "....if they are busy this should be communicated with customers". However, last time I 'phoned O2, this was exactly what they did. 

It is disappointing if they have removed that warning.  

Message 6 of 8

jonsie
Level 94: Supreme
  • 93271 Posts
  • 610 Topics
  • 6985 Solutions

This is what happens when you cancel the direct debit in the first place

Trying hard to sympathise even a little bit......

Message 7 of 8

Oxonian
Level 31: Resolver
  • 7567 Posts
  • 143 Topics
  • 25 Solutions

@jonsie wrote:

This is what happens when you cancel the direct debit in the first place

Trying hard to sympathise even a little bit......

I read it @jonsie that there was a direct debit but that it had failed. It could be O2 error but more likely that there were insufficient funds in the account ? If the latter, it is impossible to sympathise.  

Message 8 of 8