cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

The future of BlackBerry on O2

Anonymous
Not applicable

This is a question possibly for the moderators like Toby and Chiara, but I'd like to bring up O2's lack of BlackBerry models on sale.

With only the Q5 and Q10 available now, and despite the Z10 and Z30 being available to stock (I got my Z10 from O2 last year), are O2 no longer going to sell/stock BlackBerry smartphones? Will there be a lack of support for existing devices in the future?

Why aren't O2 stocking legacy BBOS7 devices such as a cheaper Curve model like the 9720 or the 9320 any longer? Surely there is still a huge customer base using Curve handsets?

I'm not one to suggest an ulterior motive, so as a long term BlackBerry user on O2 it would be interesting to hear the official stance as to why O2 have seriously slimmed down the choice of BlackBerry phones available.

Message 1 of 95
94 REPLIES 94

Anonymous
Not applicable
A very fair point indeed.

I'm not sure you'll get a direct answer on this though as I'm assuming the powers that be way above site staff here have made a 'business' decision.

I'm wondering if the recent issues within BlackBerrys own company may have played a part.

I'm looking forward to any official feedback you may receive.
Message 2 of 95

adamtemp64
Level 66: Unequalled
  • 16454 Posts
  • 312 Topics
  • 1316 Solutions

http://www.mobilenewscwp.co.uk/2014/01/13/blackberry-cuts-z10-price-as-o2-and-ee-stop-selling-it/ some background

iPhone 11 Pro 256gb on unlimited data
iPad Pro 12.9” 2020 256gb refresh o2 family discount
Apple Watch series 4
My first mobile was in 1995 a CM-R111 from sony on Cellnet.
Wincanton South Somerset (Full 4g 3G 2g indoor coverage) Remember we are all customers here not customer services

Message 3 of 95

aldaweb
  • 1722 Posts
  • 50 Topics
  • 65 Solutions

Be interested to see if they stock the upcoming Q20 phone with keboard and the return of the ribbon announced at MWC this year.

http://blogs.blackberry.com/2014/02/blackberry-q20/

iPhone 14 Pro (O2 ), S23U (EE), iPad Pro LTE (EE), .

Reviews: iPhone-X-first-impressions ¦ Blackberry Classic ¦ Blackberry Z30 ¦ Nokia Lumia 1020 ¦ Samsung S4 Mini Part 1 ¦ Samsung S4 Mini Pt. 2
Message 4 of 95

Chris_K
Former Staff
  • 1851 Posts
  • 404 Topics
  • 161 Solutions

Hi PapaDug, thanks for raising this. We’d like to assure you that we still partner with BlackBerry and we’ll continue to offer our new and existing customers with BlackBerry devices our full support.

The device landscape is ever changing and as a mobile network we’re always keen on bringing the latest and best tech to our customers from many suppliers, and BlackBerry are no exception. In recent times, we’ve ranged most of the BlackBerry 10 portfolio which has offered certain customer groups a route to upgrade from their BlackBerry 7 devices and this is fully aligned with BlackBerry’s strategy.

Importantly, in the last year BlackBerry have been very open about their market performance and as part of their evolution they recognised that not all of their device offerings worked best for them and so they had to make some tough decisions. BlackBerry have a renewed focus and to reiterate, we still partner with them and offer customers our full support.

iPhone 15 Megathread //  Don't fall for scams  //  How to get Volt benefits
Contact us on Social MediaFacebook // Twitter // Instagram
Message 5 of 95

Anonymous
Not applicable
Thanks Chris, that's reassuring to know!

My big quibble at the moment is because O2 don't stock the Z30, which is a better phone than the Z10, I am unable upgrade should I pay of my contract in the summer as I am planning to do.
Message 6 of 95

Anonymous
Not applicable
Me too. I like the look of the Z30 but unless I buy it sim free then can't get it on o2.
Message 7 of 95

aldaweb
  • 1722 Posts
  • 50 Topics
  • 65 Solutions

Thanks for the reassurance Chris.

Any idea which models are in the pipeline?

iPhone 14 Pro (O2 ), S23U (EE), iPad Pro LTE (EE), .

Reviews: iPhone-X-first-impressions ¦ Blackberry Classic ¦ Blackberry Z30 ¦ Nokia Lumia 1020 ¦ Samsung S4 Mini Part 1 ¦ Samsung S4 Mini Pt. 2
Message 8 of 95

Anonymous
Not applicable

Sorry @Chris_K , I've got to revisit this topic especially after looking at a couple of the threads where O2 are actively promoting new phones in this community.

Could you tell us the reason why O2 have decided not to stock the BlackBerry Z30 yet supply the latest phone from pretty much every other manufacturer?

I understand from your previous post that you are still partnered with BlackBerry, but if thats the case why don't you stock the latest (and greatest) phones from Blackberry and are instead making it feel like you are either pushing dedicated BlackBerry users away from Blackberry devices or away from O2?

Thanks for any response you can give.

Message 9 of 95

Chris_K
  • 1851 Posts
  • 404 Topics
  • 161 Solutions

@Anonymous wrote:

Sorry @Chris_K , I've got to revisit this topic especially after looking at a couple of the threads where O2 are actively promoting new phones in this community.

Could you tell us the reason why O2 have decided not to stock the BlackBerry Z30 yet supply the latest phone from pretty much every other manufacturer?

I understand from your previous post that you are still partnered with BlackBerry, but if thats the case why don't you stock the latest (and greatest) phones from Blackberry and are instead making it feel like you are either pushing dedicated BlackBerry users away from Blackberry devices or away from O2?

Thanks for any response you can give.

Throughout the year we're presented with literally hundreds of devices from all manufactures, all looking for us to range their handsets. We unfortunately can't range them all, but we do use our expertise and insight to select the best devices for our customers, whilst also ensuring they work for us too.

There will always be the case that a customer may seek a device we're not ranging, but on the whole we're happy with our proven approach based on the feedback customers have given. We reiterate that we still work with BlackBerry and our non ranging of the Z30 is not prejudiced.

iPhone 15 Megathread //  Don't fall for scams  //  How to get Volt benefits
Contact us on Social MediaFacebook // Twitter // Instagram
Message 10 of 95